Chapter 15: First Flight

The dragon above is Christian. I only made minor changes to his dragon appearance from the photo. His body is a bit wider, the fluff behind his head isn't there, he is a darker black, and the color on his stomach is a crimson red, and the orange by his wings are also red and black scales have a tinge of red on the edges. And his wings aren't so feathery, there more scale-like and wider. Thanks for putting up with all the details!❤️

~

"Christian?" I gasped.
He hovered over the mountain.
His golden eyes shone against the sun's rays. His large black wings were wide apart. He shook his large head. As he started to lower himself down, I could see tinges of red glisten from his black scales.
He landed softly in front of me and crooned.

I hesitantly placed my hand on his soft scales where his cheek would be. He nuzzled his head into the palm of my hand. Warmth spread all over my body. It felt different to the warmth I felt on Earth's realm. It felt like something inside of me had almost fully woken up. And the warmth didn't burn as much, just as Christian said it would. I enjoyed the warmth as much I could.

"You make a beautiful dragon," I whispered.
Christian closed his eyes and hummed contently.
Talia cleared her throat. I turned around to see her with her hands on her slender hips.

"We have to get to Crescents Deep soon if we want to find accommodation," she stated as put her hair in a elegant high pony.

"Crescents Deep?" I asked turning to Christian.

"Oh yes, it's the Capital of our land, it lies in the center of our area of land." She answered, "You'll see soon why it was given that name." She gave me a swift wink before turning around.
"I expect you to bring Andy to Crescents Deep in one piece, Christian. And do please take it easy with her, this will be her first flight you know," she said sternly before turning around and walking to the edge of the mountain.

"Wait... You're flying me there? But.... That's insane! I could fall!" I cried out, my nerves were getting the better of me.
Christian shook his head back and flared his nostrils, a tiny puff of smoke made its way out.
He looked insulted.

Talia laughed." Do you really think, Christian will let his Chosen fall?"

I looked back at him and smiled sheepishly, "Of course he won't."

I heard a high pitch, melodious whistle. I turned around to see Talia raise her left hand and opened her fingers wide apart as if waiting to grab something.
And sure enough, a loud shriek echoed across the mountain and the same large peculiar bird appeared through the clouds and grabbed Talia's outstretched hand. She effortlessly swung herself onto the creature and patted its head. It chirped happily.
"Good boy, Prince," she cooed softly.

Prince?
Why had I heard that name before?

The creature was very elegant and it's feathers were shiny and silky.
It stood proudly on its four feet. The curl of its horn made it look majestic.
Before I could ask Talia about his name, she gave a low whistle and Prince was off, flying with great speed away, Talia held onto his strong neck and smiled contentedly. I watched them till they were tiny specks in the sky.
I slowly turned to see Christian waiting expectantly with his wings lowered and back arched. He was waiting for me to climb on.
I took small steps towards him until I reached his wing. I tried to step as lightly as possible on his soft wings and staggered onto his broad back. As I sat down I realized that it was undeniably comfortable. I settled onto him and felt him stir excitedly.
He turned to face the edge of the cliff and stretched out his neck.
Before he could take off, I took my rucksack and put it's loose straps over his head. I clutched the corners of my rucksack and readied myself.