Chapter 6: The Vanishing Shadow

"Do you think she's okay?" Came a familiar voice.

"I don't know... Do you think I hit her too hard?" Came another voice sounding familiar.

"Don't be stupid, she was going to kill that poor boy!"

"But he did kinda deserve it.." protested the other voice.

"Whether he deserved it or not, she was going to kill him. She needs to learn how to control her emotions." Insisted the first voice.

I slowly started to open my eyes.
A dim light greeted my blurry eyes.
I tried to move but found that I couldn't.

"Where am I?" I pondered as I tried to lift my head.

"You're safe and sound at my place," came the reply of Christian as I managed to see him leaning over and looking at me.

I looked down at my hands and saw that they were tied to metal bars that were attached to the bed. I looked down at my feet as saw that they were in the same predicament.
"What's going on?" I asked confused.

Christian looked at me nervously before he spoke, " After you sort of lost it.... I had no choice but knock you down... I never intended for you to be knocked out but yeah...."

Memories of the cafeteria flooded in.
" I swear, I couldn't control myself! It's like my anger took control of me." I said, trying to explain myself.

"I believe you," he smiled at me.

"Then why am I being restricted like some crazy person?" I countered.

Talia loomed over me, her icy eyes sent chills down my spine.

"We had to take precautions. When you were unconscious you kept on making things fly around and you nearly sent a cupboard to my skull." She said bluntly.
"These ropes are enchanted. That's how they can restrict you from using your powers."  She added before facing Christian.
"Untie her."

Christian hastily untied my hands and feet.
I got up, a light throbbing in my head.
"Does my mom know where I am?" I asked, rubbing my temples.

"Yes, she is still at work. My mom phoned them and let her know that you were safe." Said Christian while sitting on the bed next to me.

"Why would she think I wasn't safe?" I pondered.

Talia glared at me.
"Because your little outburst sent half of our town rumbling and shaking. Telephone lines fell, glass shattered every house within a two mile radius of the school.." Talia paused before continuing, " And the school is lucky enough to still be standing. It didn't take that much damage surprisingly. Just all the glass shattered and a few of the ceilings fell down. Along with other minor damages."

I took a deep breath.
Did anyone figure out that I was behind this?

As if Christian read my mind he put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, " Everyone thinks it was a freak earthquake."
I gave a sigh of relief.

"It still doesn't matter. What you did today, Andy, was reckless and dangerous. You endangered the lives of everyone around you. You need to control your emotions." Talia said sharply.

A wave of guilt rushed over me.
"But I didn't mean to! I couldn't control myself!" I tried defending myself.

"Which is exactly why we should take her to the PlayGround and start training her." Said Christian jumping up.

I look at Christian with a raised eyebrow.
" The PlayGround? What am I gonna do? Run my hands along the monkey bars while I walk across the 2 meter sand pit?" I snorted.
Talia shot me another icy glare.

"The PlayGround is a place for people like you to learn to control and use their gifts. And it is anything but playful." She stated before opening the pale white door.
"Go get some rest, Andy. You're going to need it for tomorrow." She ordered icily before leaving Christian and I alone in the small makeshift "Care Room."

Christian let his hand fall and land on my hand.
A wave of heat shot through my spine. Was I blushing?
Christian quickly pulled his hand away.

I got up and gave him a smile.

He jumped down onto his feet.
"Bye Andy." He said while giving me a hug.

" See you, Christian."

I walked out the room and made my way out there oak wood house.

I glanced to my right and saw a dark shadow loom over they're red Jeep.
It seemed so... so alive.
The hairs on my neck stood on end.
And when I blinked.

It vanished.