II: A New Beginning

.:Karma's POV:.
I exited the office and after a while the building itself. It was a bit noisy and there were quite a few people to spot outside. Kids heading home from school, or wherever they came from, parents and their children, people going out. I just continued walking to the hotel I am staying at. I haven't been home for a while... but I don't have any reason to either. The HQ would be the closest thing I'd call home, as I stay there sometimes as well. The only place where I'd stay more than once besides my actual one...

When I entered the hotel I got greeted by some of its staff, I nodded in return but remained quiet. I immediately went to my room and got out of my messed up clothes. Then I stepped into the shower and turned it on. Slowly adding more force to the water jets, and letting my slightly tense body relax under them.

"What a messy job..." I whispered to myself.
I did not have many reasons to accept the offer from Karasuma, but the ones I had were enough. I started the usual washing process and turned the shower off afterwards. Stepping out of the bathroom, put on some clean clothes and started washing the blood-drenched ones I had on before. While thinking about my new, and messed up mission.

'So it was a fucking octopus that blew up the moon... Good luck getting me to believe that. But him being an octopus was reason enough to get me interested, so I didn't complain.' I let the shirt get completely wet first, and waited until all the blood was easier to get out. I looked at it with a small smile of approvement and satisfaction. I got all the blood out and put it aside, repeating the process with my blazer and pants. Then refilled the sink again to actually wash them now that the stains are out.

'Well, I've always wanted to kill or at least harm a teacher anyway. I wonder if his blood is red as well, or if he even has blood... or if I'll even be able to kill him on my own. I'm not stupid enough to think I'd be 100 percent able to finish him off on my own, of course.' I finished up the washing process and hung the clothes on the racks in the bathroom to let them dry, then got out of it.

I went to the desk where I had left the papers that I had gotten from Karasuma. I searched for the ones with information about the school I'll be temporarily transferring to.
'A private academy in Tokyo, huh...' That's too bad, what a pain that's going to be... Needing to deal with all the people there... many of them, in the city itself. I probably won't go out unless I need to then. After a bit I continued reading about the class I'll be going to itself. '25 students, 26 with me. And... E huh? Too bad again. I wonder what that octopus' motive was to start teaching, let alone the supposed worst class in most schools.' I skimmed through the rest of that paper and apparently the students there are not only ones with bad grades, at least, not dumb per se.
'I guess everything has its loopholes.'

I turned to the next page and looked over the students that are in that class. They all seem pretty normal I suppose, nothing out of the ordinary. Most of them looked decently nice as well. I turned to the side and looked at the alarm next to the bed. Early night.
"I guess I should head to the restaurant before it closes." I got up and locked the room door.

It wouldn't be too long before it closes so there weren't many people going there like me, they were more likely to be already there or be as far as finishing up. I sat down at a table for two and ordered a few smaller dishes. They arrived pretty quick for a hotel restaurant like this and it tasted mediocre. Well, good enough for a place you'd only go to very few times. I quickly finished up, payed the bill and went upstairs again.

It was quiet in most parts of the building, most people were starting to take it slow and enjoy their evening. I just went straight to bed, ignorant of anything else.

Time skip

It's been a few days since I got my new assignment and I have been taking it slow. Since I'll be leaving tomorrow, I started to pack everything, which is honestly not much. I finished up quickly and proceeded to sit next to the window, looking out into the world.