sick

Yoongi dropped what he was holding as he slipped into a coughing fit. He put his elbow over his face to cough heavily. It sounded like his lungs were being expelled from his body. He stopped when his eyes were watering and his throat burned.

"You alright?" Jimin said, poking his head around the corner of the hallway.

Yoongi blinked and cleared his throat. "I... don't—" he started, but his voice came out scratchy. He cleared his throat. "I don't know."

"You know, I think Taetae's sick too." Jimin walked to Yoongi and put his hand on the elder's forehead. "Maybe he got you sick."

Yoongi hit his hand away. "I'm not sick." Yoongi's voice also sounded kind of nasally.

"Tell that to your fever," Jimin chuckled. "Go lay down, I'll make you some soup."

"I said, I wasn't sick." Yoongi frowned. His nose and cheeks were bright red.

Jimin pouted. He giggled and started tickling Yoongi. Yoongi bursted into laughter, then wasn't able to stop the coughing that attacked his lungs. Jimin pulled away and smirked. Yoongi eventually caught his breath and growled.

"Go lay down, hyung."

Yoongi gave in and laid on the couch, letting Jimin tuck him in with a heated blanket. Jimin leaned down and brushed his hair, kissing his forehead. Yoongi rolled his eyes but snuggled under the blanket nonetheless.

A little while later, Jimin came into the room carrying a bowl.

"What kind is it?" Yoongi mumbled.

"Rice porridge with kimchi. Do you love me yet?" Jimin smiled, placing the bowl on the table.

Yoongi sat up and smiled as he smelled the soup. "Thank you, Jiminie," he said softly.

Jimin leaned over and kissed his temple. Yoongi grumbled while he took a spoonful.

"I'm supposed to be taking care of you," the elder mumbled into his soup.

Jimin shook his head. "Nope. My turn."

Yoongi tried to hide the smile as he took another spoonful, but Jimin saw the slight blush on his cheekbones.

~

It had been a few days since Yoongi had first gotten sick. His fever hadn't really broken yet, and Jimin was by Yoongi's side every minute he could be.

Yoongi started throwing up on the third day. In fact, he was throwing up so often, Jimin decided to put a blanket and pillow on the bathroom floor for when he needed to spend hours in there.

Jimin had left to get Yoongi water, and was about to reenter the bathroom when he heard soft sounds. Jimin looked through the door, managing to keep quiet. Yoongi was crying into his hands, elbows resting on the toilet. Jimin watched for a minute before Yoongi's body convulsed, emptying whatever little he had in his stomach. Jimin ran in and dropped the bottle of water, rubbing Yoongi's back until he was done. Yoongi started sobbing. Jimin pulled him into his arms, smoothing away his sweaty bangs.

"Yoongi hyung. Sweetie, it's okay. It's okay, I promise."

Yoongi cried into his shirt, the elder's own clothes sticking to his skin. Jimin shushed him and kissed his hair, rocking him back and forth.

~

Yoongi was laying on the couch again, having stopped throwing up a while ago. He was breathing through his mouth and coughing every once in awhile. Jimin walked towards him, holding something behind his back.

"Daddy?"

Yoongi looked over at him with a forced smile. "H-Hey, baby."

Jimin's face dropped. "Diminie's sad."

"Why's that, little one?" He coughed into his fist and sniffled.

Jimin rocked on his heels, looking at the floor. "Because Daddy's sick 'n miser'ble."

"Aww, baby. Come here." Yoongi opened his arms.

Jimin walked over and stopped just before Yoongi could reach him. He pulled out a piece of paper from behind him, showing it to Yoongi. "I drew this for Daddy so he would feel better."

Yoongi took the paper and looked over it. It was a picture of Jimin and him with Syub standing in front of them. They had their matching jewelry on, and even Syub had a matching collar.

Yoongi felt himself tearing up a bit. His baby was just so caring and wonderful to him. He looked up at Jimin and smiled for real this time. "Thank you, Jiminie. I already feel so much better."

"Really?" the younger asked, his face lighting up.

Yoongi nodded and put the paper down on the table. "Yes, really. I love it. Thank you. Now, please come cuddle your Daddy."

Jimin beamed and got onto the couch, letting Yoongi wrap his arms around him. Yoongi pressed a ton of kisses to his face, just to get Jimin to giggle. He refused to kiss him on the mouth and get him sick, but Jimin was still as happy as ever.

~

Yoongi tucked Jimin in with four or five of his favourite stuffed animals, along with his elephant in his arms. He pressed a quick kiss to Jimin's lips.

Jimin pouted. "Diminie's mad at you, Daddy."

Yoongi smiled. "What for?" he asked even though he already knew the answer.

"Daddy got me sick!"

Yoongi giggled. "I'm sorry, my love." He brushed hair from his baby's forehead. "I tried not to."

Jimin huffed and hid his face in his elephant. "Daddy should cuddle me if he's so sorry."

Yoongi sighed happily and pulled Jimin into his arms. Jimin giggled and coughed softly. Yoongi kept kissing his forehead until Jimin relaxed, falling asleep with slightly ragged little breaths.