Day 5

So I didn't really feel like writing about days 3 and 4 because nothing really happened on those days. So I'm gonna move on to day 5.

Two days passed by with no kills, and to be honest, I think that Damian is getting bored. He and Ashley have been taking hunts in the woods since yesterday, while I remained to guard the cornucopia. Actually, they're on one of their 'hunts' right now. They've been gone all morning and afternoon.

While they were gone, I went through our supplies. We still had two packs full of food, but we only had a couple water bottles left that were still filled. Maybe the others had found a stream or something we could refill at. I'll ask when they get back.

Suddenly I hear what sounds like running near the edge of the woods. I look towards the woods and see Ashley barge through the trees, into the clearing near the ruins. She has a dagger in her hand and seems to be running from something.

An angry, axe wielding, girl from seven starts chasing her into the clearing. Ashley turns and launches her dagger at the girl. The girl dodges it then picks it up and continues chasing Ashley. When she has a good shot, she throws the dagger at Ashley. The dagger hits Ashley in the upper left arm. She cries out in pain, clutching her arm as she drops to one knee. I pull out my bow, aim, and fire. The arrow goes through the axe girl's right forearm so that one end of the arrow is sticking out of each side of her arm. She drops her axe and curses at me before running off into the woods.

I run up to Ashley, who is now sitting on the grassy ground. "Thanks, Nora," she says, still holding her arm.

"Anytime. What happened? Where's Damian?" I ask as I inspect her wound. It looks pretty bad. Man I wish we had some stitching materials. This is going to take forever to heal.

"Damian and I split up to cover more ground. I guess I stumbled into the wrong tribute," she replies. She looks down at her arm. "Can you fix it?" She asks.

"Well it would heal a lot better if we could stitch it up, but I can do my best. Come on," I say.

I help her up and we walk back to the cornucopia. I get all the things I need ready on the ground beside me, and prepare to fix her arm. I take out a small knife and cut her sleeve around the dagger so the wound is easier to work with. I grip the handle of the dagger in her arm, "Ok, this is going to hurt."

"Just do it," she says.

I count to three in my head, then I rip the dagger out of her arm in one good tug. The wound immediately started to bleed badly. Moving as fast as I could, I covered the wound in gauss, then wrapped the arm several times in clean bandaging cloth. Then, tying the bandage, I said, "That's the best it's gonna get."

"That'll do just fine. Thanks."

"I guess all I can say is, try not to use the arm too much, or it could start bleeding again." She nods. "Oh! I meant to ask, did you guys find any watering holes anywhere? We're starting to run low on water."

She thought for a moment, "Sorry, but no. None that I can think of. Maybe Damian has though. You could ask him."

"Ok," I reply and we wait for him to return.

Damian storms angrily into the camp later that evening. Ashley and I watch as he picks up an empty water bottle and tries to drink from it. When nothing comes out, he gets frustrated and throws the bottle at a column with such force that the water bottle explodes on impact.

"Jeez, man, what did that poor water bottle ever do to you?" I say.

"And let's not even mention the poor column," Ashley adds.

"I'm tired of nothing happening. I never thought that the arena could be this boring," he rants.

"Is that all?" I ask and Ashley chuckles.

"It's been three days, and there hasn't been a single kill," he continues. The anthem starts playing and the Capitol seal appears in the sky, but no faces appear. The anthem finishes and the seal disappears.

"Did the Capitol just shove in my face the fact that there haven't been any killings?"

"I think they did," I say, Ashley makes agreeing sounds next to me.

"Even they must be tired of this inactivity," he says.

"Oh I'm sure they must be so bored," I say sarcastically, and Ashley chuckles.

"Say whatever you like, but tomorrow I'm going to give the Capitol something to watch," he says.

"Mhm well good luck with that. Goodnight," I say as I climb into my sleeping bag and go to sleep.