The Bloodbath

My stylist is dressing me in some form of old Medieval clothes. After putting on a pair of pants, boots, and a loose, long sleeve shirt, she pulls on a chain-mail shirt, then she puts on a brown, leathery material, sleeveless shirt over that. Then she attaches a belt at my waist. The belt is made of a tough fabric, and has a small pouch attached to it for holding small materials I find in the arena. She took one last look at me before saying, "There, I think you're ready now."

I look at my clothes then say, "Ready for what, Charlemagne's army?"

She laughs then a voice through a speaker tells me it's time to get in my tube.

I stand in my tube, waiting for it to start moving. When it finally does move, I jump and laugh at myself for a second. When I emerge, I start to look at my surroundings.

We appear to be in the ruins of some Medieval castle. Our pedestals are on the top of skinny, three story towers the width of the pedestal I'm standing on. The only way to get down to the cornucopia, which is in a cobblestone courtyard below, is by use of a flimsy, rope-ladder attached to the tower.

I decided to find out where each of my team members were next. Jessica(District 1) and Ashley(District 2) are directly across from me. Damian is two pedestals to my left, and Jase(also District 2) is five pedestals to my right. Cal unfortunately was right beside me, however, which meant I would have to move quick to beat him to the cornucopia.

With only fifteen seconds remaining on the countdown, I prepare myself for a quick decent.

GONG!

I quickly start to scramble down my ladder, but I'm not moving fast enough. Suddenly I get a crazy idea. I hope this works. I let go of the ladder and allow myself to plummet downwards, keeping my hands close to the ladder so I can grab it again if I need to.

My feet land hard on the ground causing a burning sensation in my ankles. I push through the pain and sprint to the cornucopia. By the time I have slung a quiver of arrows onto my back, other tributes have reached the ground.

Damian runs up to the cornucopia and grabs the closest sword he can get his hands on, then he proceeds to slash at anyone who comes his way. I load my bow and fire at the first tribute I see. The girl from five I think. The arrow hits her in the stomach. She coughs up blood before falling to the ground. I'm about to pull out another arrow before a tribute slams into my side. I hit the ground hard, knocking the air out of me. I gasp for air as the boy from seven puts his foot on my stomach and raises his axe above his head. I close my eyes expecting to feel an excruciating pain at any second, but instead I hear a whizzing sound. I open my eyes to see that the boy now has two arrows in his chest. He tumbles backwards and falls to the ground as Jessica runs over and helps me up.

"Are you good?" She asks.

"I am now. Thanks," I reply. We lift our bows and hit two tributes who are trying to run away. Then we notice that our alliance now is the only one left at the cornucopia. Every one who wasn't killed, had run off into the woods surrounding the ruins.

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

The bloodbath was finally over.