Day 9

Cal Tydon's P.O.V.

I wake up early the next morning and run over to the ruins. Damian is still asleep surprisingly. I know I should just kill him now, but I want to give the Capitol a show. I climb on top of the cornucopia and remove my gear. Holding my trident, I lay low to avoid being seen.

A few moments later, Damian wakes up and starts walking around with his sword. Once he is in the perfect position, I dive at him with my trident. He sees me and dodges the attack. As I regain my footing, he comes at me with his sword. I raise my trident and block his attack with the iron staff of my trident and push forward, causing him to stumble back. "Where is Nora!?"I demand as he regains his balance.

"How should I know?! She left three days ago!" He says as he tries to attack me again.

I run towards him and hit his arm so hard with my trident that his arm broke with a loud crack. He yelled in pain as his sword fell from his hand and he drops to his knees. I point the end of my trident in his direction.

"No! Please don't kill me. I-I can help you find her," he pleads. Pathetic.

"Do you know what happened to the last person who said that to me?" I say.

He remains silent. I launch my trident into his chest and rip it back out. "That happened." Damian coughs blood and falls face down on the ground.

BOOM!

So it would seem that the boy from eleven told me the truth after all, but I don't think I'm going to hunt her anymore. I'll let her come to me. I sit in the cornucopia and wait. The game is almost over, Nora, and I'm not going down without a fight.

Nora Adler's P.O.V.

I am relieved to find Ashley is now awake and strong enough to move again. We pack up camp and start off for a new place to stay. We have already stayed at the last one for too long.

"Did you hear that canon this morning?" I ask.

"Yea, it sounded like it came from the cornucopia," Ashley replies. "I wonder if it was Damian."

Suddenly we hear a snap.

"What was that?!" I say, looking around.

As my back is turned I hear Ashley shout, "Nora!" I turn just in time to see Ashley throw herself into the path of a dagger flying in my direction.

It jabs into her stomach and she falls to the ground. I look in the direction the dagger came from. There stands the girl from seven. She reaches for another dagger, but before she can throw it, I fire an arrow at her. It goes through her neck, leaving a hole in her neck that I can actually see through. She grips her neck and falls to the ground.

BOOM!

I kneel beside Ashley's fallen form. "Ash?" I say as I brush her hair out of her face. She's still alive, but just barely. Tears stream down my face as I say, "Why would you do that, Ash? We're so close, you could have won?"

"You've always had a better chance of winning than me. You deserve to win. You have your sister to return to. I go to mine now," she says and starts coughing.

"Don't say that. You're not going anywhere," I say.

"You saved me twice during these barbaric games. I'm glad I got to save you at least once before the end," she said. Her eyes close and her breathing stops.

BOOM!

"No. Not you too," I say as I brake down and start sobbing uncontrollably as the sun sets on the horizon.

hours later. . . . . .

I sit near the spot where Ashley died. The aircraft had already taken her body away but some of her blood still remained on the ground. Before they took her away I removed her token, which was a necklace that had the symbol of her district on it. Just as something to remember her by.

The anthem blares throughout the arena and the Capital seal spears in the sky

The anthem blares throughout the arena and the Capital seal spears in the sky. I look up at it. Damian's face appears first, then Ashley's.

I'll win this for the both of us Ash. The girl from seven is the last face to appear before the seal disappears.

I guess this means I'm fighting Cal tomorrow. I suppose he's jumping for joy, and he should be. Tomorrow the showdown he's been waiting for will finally commence, and the odds will not be in his favor.