Day 6 (part 1)

I woke up the next morning wondering what could Damian's big plan for today be? Apparently it was just another hunt. Real creative. I went with Damian this time so that Ashley could rest her arm.

While in the woods, we hear a cannon. It didn't come from the cornucopia, so we didn't really worry about it.

"I wonder who that was for." I say as we walk along.

"Probably just some random tribute," he replies from behind me. For some reason he felt like walking slower than me today.

"That makes five left outside our alliance," I say.

"Actually it's seven," he says. I guess someone failed miserably in math.

"What?" I say with a chuckle at his mistake.

"It's seven, counting you and Ashley," he replies.

My smile drops. I stop walking. I tighten my grip on my bow as I piece together Damian's plan.

I hear his sword coming out of its scabbard. He raises his sword, but before he can bring it down on me, I turn and ram him in the stomach with the end of my bow. This stuns him just long enough for me to put my bow away and pull out my sword.

Once he is ready, he charges at me again. I run forward and duck his sword like its a limbo pole. I feel the wind of the blade as it narrowly misses my face. I turn just in time to grab his hand as he tries to bring his sword down on me. I try to slash my sword at him but he grabs my arm too. I feel his strength starting to overcome my own. I knee him in the gut. He loosens his grip on my hand enough for me to break free.

This is my chance. I know I need to take him down, but I can't. What is wrong with me! Just do it! I slam the handle of my sword onto his head.

He falls to the ground, unconscious. Well that wasn't what I should've done, but it'll do.

I pick up his sword and throw it as far as I can, then I put my sword in my belt and start running for the cornucopia. I need to get to Ashley before he wakes up.

When I get to the cornucopia, I find Ashley asleep. I run over to her and shake her saying, "Ash! Ashley, wake up!" She wakes up with a jolt.

"What's wrong?!" she asks.

"Well, let's just say I found out what Damian's plan is and we need to run, now."

"Ok but what is his plan?" she asks as she starts grabbing some throwing knives.

"Killing us apparently," I reply as I fill two packs with food, water, tarps, rope, and sleeping bags.

"Well where is he now?"she asks as I hand her a filled pack.

"I knocked him out, but we need to move because I'm not sure how long he'll stay out," I reply as I take any extra arrows out of the cornucopia and put them in my arrow pack.

"Are you ready?" I ask as I swing the pack over my shoulder. She nods as she swings her pack over her shoulder. "Then let's go," I say, and we run out of the courtyard and off into the woods.