Day 6 (part 2)

Cal Tydon's P.O.V.

It's the sixth day of the Hunger Games, and I still haven't accomplished my goal. I would have killed Nora at the bloodbath, but she was protected. Becoming allies with the careers was a wise move on Nora's part, it made me have to put off my plans for her.

I sit in my small campsite trying to decide what I should do next. Will I ever get the chance to fight Nora? Or will one of us die before I get that chance?

Suddenly I hear a twig snap nearby. I grab my trident and hide, hoping to catch the person off guard.

The boy from eleven walks into my campsite. He has no weapons. He is eyeing my gear like he wants to steal it. I step out of my hiding place, pointing my trident in his direction.

"What do you think your doing?" I ask.

He jumps when I speak and raises his hands to show that he is unarmed. "Give me a chance, please," the boy begs, "I can help you."

"Really. You, help me," I say, as I move closer to him. "How can you help me? You can't even help yourself."

"I know where the girl from your district is," he says.

"Well yeah, kid, I think just about everyone here knows where she is. She's with the careers," I say. Does this kid think I'm some sort of idiot?

"She's not with them anymore," he says. I raise my eyebrow. Would Nora really leave the alliance? Unlikely.

"And where did you get this knowledge?" I ask.

"I wasn't too far away when it happened. The boy from District One
turned against her. She and the girl from Two left the cornucopia about four hours ago," the boy explained.

"And where did they go?" I ask, coming even closer to the boy.

The boy seems nervous so he says, "I can show you."

He's just protecting his neck. "Um...no. You will tell me now," I say.

"That way," he says, pointing to the opposite side of the arena, from our position.

"Thank you, child, you've been of wonderful service," I say. With a sudden movement, I throw my trident and it impales the boy through the chest.

BOOM!

He falls to the ground as I rip the trident back out of his body. I gather up my supplies and head off for the opposite side of the arena. Finally I have a chance to end this.

After walking until it grew too dark to see, I decided to set up camp and start again in the morning. I lay out my sleeping bag and sit on it as I eat a small supper of bread and water. I didn't make a fire because that would just be stupid. So I was a little cold but it wasn't too bad.

The anthem blares throughout the arena and the Capital seal appears in the sky revealing the faces of the girl from six, probably that canon from earlier today, and the boy from eleven. The anthem ends and the seal disappears, leaving the arena in darkness.

I will wake up early tomorrow. That way I can, hopefully, find Nora and her friend before they even wake up.