Chariots

Cal and I stood in our chariot, dressed in clothing for our district. Cal was dressed as a fisherman and he was holding a fishing rod. I was dressed in a marine blue dress covered in scale designs. My blond hair was given highlights of the same blue. Which I suppose means that I am Cal's fish he's caught. In his dreams maybe. Suddenly the Capital anthem started playing and the crowd went wild as the chariots rolled out of the stables.

I smiled and waved to the fancy, over dressed, Capital citizens, while Cal smiled and pretended to cast his fishing line. When our chariots reached their positions in front of the people, the crowd quieted to hear President Snow's speech.

"Welcome. Welcome tributes, to the sixty-sixth annual Hunger Games." The crowed cheered then grew quiet again. "We are deeply honored by the-" Snow continued talking for who knows how long, but I wasn't paying attention. I was wondering what Lisa was doing back in four. She and my parents were probably sitting around a TV set hoping to see me. I tried to make a picture of it in my mind, but I was woken from my daydream when the chariot jolted back to life and started back to the stables.

When we arrived back at the stables, Finnick told us that we put on a good show, and that if we kept it up, then it could get us good sponsors. Then we headed back to the hotel. I changed out of my dress, washed the fake highlights out of my hair, and changed into some comfortable pajamas. Then I sat on my bed and turned on my TV to watch the parade before I went to bed. Tomorrow would be the first day of training and I wanted to be well rested. The more I learned, the better chance I'd have at winning.