Day 8

Nora Adler's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning to find that the rain had indeed stopped, but it was the other thing I found that scared me.

Ashley has been sleeping all day so far. She has an intense fever.

I listened to you Ash, but now I must find out what's going on. I gently unwrap the bandages from her arm. When I have removed the last layer, and the gauze, I can see what has caused the issue. The area around the wound was a burning red, and the cut itself looked extremely infected. There must have been something on that dagger when it hit her arm. Come on Nora think, what can I do?

I grab a water bottle and some fresh bandages. I drench the end of one and start cleaning the wound as best I can. When I have it as clean as I can get it, I wrap it again in fresh cloth. What I could really use is some help from Finnick about now. "Come on, Finnick, I know you can see me. I don't know what to do, help me," I whisper,
looking up.

Ashley continued sleeping all day. I was starting to wonder if she would ever wake up. Suddenly I hear the sound of beeping near by. There is a slight thud as something lands just outside our tent. I hurry out of the tent, and sure enough, sitting about a foot away, is a parachute. I pull it closer. I open it to find a small tin of some gel-like medicine. I read the note attached.

Nora
Apply this to the wound twice a day until the infection is gone. Good luck.
~Finnick

I smile up at the sky saying, "Thank you."

Then I grab the parachute and the medicine and go back into the tent. I hide the parachute so it will not give away our position, then I remove Ashley's bandages and apply some of the gel. Then I loosely bandage her arm again to prevent dirt and such from getting in. I hope this stuff works.

Cal Tydon's P.O.V.

I can't believe this! I have covered this entire section of the arena, and I still can't find Nora. I should have known that what that kid said was too good to be true. She must still be at the cornucopia.

I start my way to the ruins, but I don't even reach the edge of the forest until nightfall. I can see a campfire set up in the middle of the courtyard, but I can only see that boy from district one. Damian I think. I guess I'll camp out here and approach the cornucopia tomorrow.

I climb a tree so that it will be harder for any tribute to get to me in my sleep. Then the anthem blares and reveals that there were no kills today, but I know that tomorrow there will be. Just you sit tight, Capitol citizens, you'll get a show soon.