Chapter 5

Hey there, I finally updated this damn thing!
   It is very dificult to write in a language different from my mother tongue, at least to me.
   If you get confused somewhere, do not be afraid to ask. I myself know this chapter is pretty messy.
   Btw... 256 reads already? And around #200 in mcsm? That's awesome as Hell!
   Alrighty, I shut up.

   - Stampy, did you build this?!
   Startled, Stampy bounced then turned to Stacy. It was odd how he hadn't gotten a sunstroke yet. That old yellow cat costume sure wasn't the best choice of clothing today. Darn it, it was a few hours before noon and it was boiling hot already.
   Stampy scratched his head, making a shy attempt to smile at her. Thank God, at least his hoodie was off.
   - Well, you see... Not entirely by myself... You know.
   - Who helped you, then?
   - Uhm... The new guy... What was his name...?
   - Oh, you're talking about Aiden!
   Stampy nodded enthusiastically. Although they both were considerably smart, Stacy was the one remembering their new friends' names most of the time.
   She took a glance at the building.
   - That guy IS good...
   - Yup. Almost like Lukas, right?
   - Yeah...
   - I actually hope he stays. He sure helped a load of people and...
   He fell silent in the middle of his sentence, eyes widened, his trembling hand pointing behind Stacy.

***

   - That Aiden is a pretty good builder, don't you think?
   - Yeah, he's definitely improved a lot since we last met. That building over there is really cool.
    Radar and Lukas looked over Beacontown through the Treasure Hall's enormous window.
    Aiden had been helping people around the city since his arrival. Whether it was about a build, a redstone contraption or finding a lost chicken, he was always there to give a hand.
   Dozens of citizens had literally praised the jade-eyed newcomer, stating what a good boy he was.
   And, turned out, they were right.
   - I'm telling you, Radar. If Aiden is serious about wanting to redeem himself, that's what he's getting really soon.
   Radar nodded, smiling from ear to ear.
   - Yeah, Jesse would be...
   He paused.
   Lukas peered at him, puzzled, but soon forgot why he had turned to look at him.
   Radar's features had twisted into a grimace of pure horror, his eyes fixed on the city.
  Lukas turned to look at it... And was sure his face had adopted the expression he had seen on Radar.
   Just outside the city wall, there stood a gigantic golem-like creature.
   Its frame, at least four times as tall as the wall, was entirely made out of obsidian. Rumbling noise like an earthquake followed each of its movements.
   The hollow eyesockets scanned the city, as if looking for something. The massive head rotated slowly, breaking off small pebbles of obsidian from itself and the golem's body.
   Then, without a warning, one of the collosal arms rose high up in the air and dropped its fist down on the wall.
   Even from their place, they could hear the terrified screams of the citizens, as the obsidian giant pried through the passage it had just made and rose its arms again, its empty eyes locked on the closest building.

***

   - That worthless piece of human flesh...
   - Truly, his arrogance is the match in the powder barrel... If we are to act...
   - It is now or never!
   - Not this very minute, but... shortly.
   The usual apathy in Null's voice was gone. Notes, never touched for centuries, now played in his menacing soundless whispers.
   Ferocity, madness and animosity... They were all there now.
   That could only mean that Null was going to act... At long last.
   That was the best of news for Entity 303. He clenched his fists, snickering quietly.
   He could almost see the fire, hear the pathetic wails, he could almost taste the blood... It was only a matter of time...

***

   - Jack, you alright?
   The Velvet Tornado scurried just past one of the obsidian feet of the monster and came to a stop right next to Nurm and Aiden.
   - That was a close shave! Man, is this creature invincible... No weak points or whatever. I have a better chance at killing a Wither with healing potions...
   A loud crashing noise indicated the next fallen building. They had no time to waste.
   Aiden's face grew stern. He drew his sword and cracked his neck.
   - Jack, stay here or wherever it's safe for you and Nurm! I'll do my best to take that pile of rock down!
   - Aiden...
   - Jack, if I try, or if I don't: does anything change? I'd rather die knowing I did everything I could than stay here and do nothing!
   Jack hesitated for a moment, then nodded firmly and, along with Nurm, vanished into the closest alley.
   Aiden had no time to waste. Mere moments after he gave his instructions to Jack, he had to bolt to the left.
   The monster stomped his foot right where he had been standing not long ago.
   Infuriated, it scoured it's surroundings, looking for him. Its irritated grunts sounded like dozens of chains being dragged on gravel.
   The pitch black eyesockets fixed on him. The creature roared triumphantly and charged at him, quaking the ground with each step.
   "Come here, ugly..."
   Aiden drew his sword and whizzed between the golem's legs. It tried to turn around, but stumbled and fell on its back, smashing another building in the process.
   Dust clouded its frame and screams silenced its roars. The giant tried to get up, but to no avail.
   Its movements grew more frantic, its roars more furious. The long limbs whirled around, destroying everything in their way.
   Now was the time.
   "Look for a small glyph on its chest"
   That's what Hadrian had told him. No explanation on how to kill the thing, though. Aiden hoped that stabbing the glyph would get the job done.
   Fast like the wind, he sprinted to the monster and climbed on its trunk.
   Although walking there felt like balancing on a plank in a stormy sea, Aiden easily got to the golem's chest, keeping an eye out for the glyph...
   There it was!
   It was indeed quite miniature. Not much bigger than his thumb and just a bit lighter color, it barely stood out.
   Aiden didn't even try not to feel proud. Things were going exactly as planned.
   He raised his sword and thrusted the blade deep into the glyph.