Chapter 13

That's not what I call a weekly update. Dammit. Writer's block sucks.
   Oh, and by the way, I forgot about it the last chapter, so I'll just say it now.
   This story already got over 500 reads (562, to be exact) and currently has 28 votes.
   So, a big thank you to all who have been supporting me. It is much appreciated :))
   Now, enough chit-chat.

   Knock-knock.
   Radar and Jack immediately sat up.
   The sun had just risen above the woods near Beacontown and now the whole room bathed in sunlight.
   After Jack finished his story last night, they had dinner and went to sleep.
   The only thing that reminded them that they were imprisoned, was the locked door.
   Knock-knock.
   - Um... Who's there? - asked Radar.
   The door creaked open and the Leader of the Followers of Soren entered the room. Calm as ever, he began without any introduction.
   - Because of your peaceful behavior, with some insignificant exceptions, we shall let you leave our residence and go back to your homes. We may not tolerate any interference in Fate's paths, but we do not wish to interfere either. You are free to go.
   Not waiting for them to comprehend the news, he left the room, leaving the door wide open.
   Radar stared at it for a few mine, then asked:
   - Did they just... Let us go?
   - Not so fast - Jack's eyes narrowed - It could be a trap.
   - Well... - Radar looked outside. The hallway was empty - You might be right. This place is suspiciously quiet.
   Lukas woke up, yawning.
   - Aaaah... What is going on... Wait. - he was looking at the door- Why is the door open?
   - Well... - Radar explained - They kinda just told us we're free to go.
   - What are we waiting for, then?
   - For you to awaken completely and realize that this is not the best idea - said Jack, then turned to the others who were sleeping - Come on now! Get up! All of you!
   Nurm awakened immediately and stood up, making Lukas wonder if he had been asleep at all.
   Romeo wasn't so energetic, and Hadrian kept on snoring, until a few pokes finally made his eyes open up in annoyance.
   - What is it, you... - a glance at the open door gave him enough explanation and he began stroking his chin - Well what sort of trap is that supposed to be?
   - That's what we're trying to figure out - replied Jack.
   Hadrian started pacing around the room.
   - Now... It's impossible for it to be an actual way out. It's ridiculous. That leaves two options: One, they're trying to lure us into a deadly trap. Or two: they are trying to frame us for an escape attempt, potentially locking us up in a... Less comfortable chamber.
   - Or three - added Jack - This is not the hallway to the exit, but a maze we are doomed to wander forever, should we step out of this room. This was a very common punishment amongst the people of the Burning Mountain, whom Nurm and I visited on one of our adventures. The criminal is offered a false chance to escape, but instead ends up lost in the tunnels, dug deep into the mountain. No one ever finds their bodies.
   Radar shivered.
   - Do you think this could be our case?
   Lukas patted his shoulder.
   - I don't think they're that clever.
   Romeo sat in silence for a while, then slapped his forehead.
   - That's right! I can teleport and see if it's safe to go!
   Everyone gave him a questioning look and he explained:
   - Tim gave me my powers back. Some of them.
   Hadrian grinned.
   - What are you waiting for, then? Go and...
   - Why don't you just go out the door already? - interrupted him a very familiar voice.
   Just outside the door stood Aiden, a happy grin on his face.
   - Aiden, for all that is... - started Lukas.
   - Gonna explain later. I arranged your "formal escape". Sorry it took so long.  Now let's go.
   - Wait, but...
   - I said let's go!
   They had no choice, but to follow him out of the room.

   Now, to clear things up a little bit: Aiden is supposed to have sneaked away when those Followers came in,  without Radar and Friends noticing. This is the first time I mess up like this. At least the first time I remember.