Meeting The Feline

The cat sat like a cat, acted like a cat, looked like a cat, but wasn't a cat. It was a flame shaped like a cat that could move. And speak.

We had moved the table to we could sit and watch through the oven door window. "Will it survive outside the oven?"

He, Demoji gets very insulted very easily.l I nodded once and leaned forward. We couldn't keep the oven on forever. Would he turn back into a pebble? "He can withstand most templates. Unless it is mist. Then there is a problem."

"So, he's like our own personal flame?" Elzaron laughed as Demoji pulled disgusted face. "No?"

"He answers to my father only." I got on my knees and opened the oven door, the light was being sucked into the cat, lighting his flame. He tilted his head to the side, watching me.

"Can I take him out?" Elzaron nodded. I reached out slowly, so Demoji wouldn't get scared, but the feline got up and walked towards my hand, his tail flickering and sending sparks out around him. I tried not to flinch away as heel this head rub the palm of my hand. Only a little heat on my skin. I could see a little place pebble in his stomach.

"Demoji," Elzaron began, watching as the cat stepped out of the oven and onto my lap. "What is your business here?"

"The master had asked me to look after you." He sat on my lap, staring at the Demon son. The Master? Who's the Master?" "Since you know nothing of the Mortal realm."

"My father sent you?" He sounded a little faded but when I turned to him he looked both angry and hurt, his jaw clenched and his mouth a straight line. I saw Florenza sigh bed to me and reached out to pet Demoji, but yelped and drew back.

"Florenza, are you okay?" She clasped her hand to her chest, a fearful expression on her face.

"I am fine, Merin, just Hells fire is a poison to Angels." I held out my hand, waiting for her to take it so I could check the damage. Her hand was black like coal with orange fiver tips. I gasped, wide eyes. "It will heal soon."

"No way! Florenza your hand-" the black began to fade, the orange going up her hand to the end of the black and flashing as the black faded to her normal skin colour. I stared In Disbelief as she waved her hand, a grateful smile across her face. "Remind me to give you a call when I'm injured."

"Princess of Heaven," Demoji said, lifting his head and looked at her, "I was unaware you would be here."

"My dealings with the Mortal realm are of no business of the Demon Realm." I had never heard Florenza so...authoritative. Maybe this was the Angel she was. "I would appreciate your staying out my business."

"As you wish, Angel of Light." The feline lifted a paw to it's flaming mouth and stuck out a tongue like a snakes, cleaning itself. With each lick came a wave of heat.

I lifted a hand and began patting his head as he lowered his paw, closing his eyes. "Such an adorably form for a Demon."

"Demoji is my Fathers hand, he slaughters anyone who calls him-" the demolishing beast named Demoji began to peer at my scratching behind his ear. Elzaron gave a chuckle at his own words. Florenza smiled at the three of us and stood, balancing gratefully on the balls of her feet.

"Everything okay, Flornza?" She nodded and smiled at me, walking to the other end of the kitchen and coming back with two parcels, sitting once again. "Are these the parcels?"

"Yes," she handed me one, a small parcel in brown paper, tied with a string. It looked like it belonged in WWII.

"Looks like my brother decided to say hello." I pulled one end of the string and peeled off the cello-tape, Ben taking the brown paper off. Inside sat a little box and a letter, my name signed in boyish writing.

Merin.

Inside sat a chest of my brothers writing.

Merin,

You are missing out. Black pool is awesome! Mum and sad say you would enjoy it. I thought you would like this. Enjoy having fun with your tiny dolls.

Luke

P.S 'um and dad say hi.

I put the letter down and picked up the small white box. Inside was a lot of wrapping wrapped round a miniature Helter Skelter. I smiled sadly. My brother, of course he wouldn't remember, he was only little. "Is something wrong, Merin?"

"No, nothing." I picked up the package and all it's pieces before standing, the feline jumping from my lap. "If it's alright, I'm going to go back to bed, I'm still tired."

"Of course Merin, sleep well."