Leaving them alone

"Good morning Merin," I groaned and rolled over, opened my eye a crack and seeing golden skin standing in front of me. Dammit. School. A deep voice did the same action and groaned, rolling over an hugging me with one arm. Elzaron had been very cuddly the whole night and he had never left my side, like the fire feline that tried-unsuccessfully-to so on my feet. "Breakfast is on the table, but you must get up and showered."

"Sure, sure." I mumbled, laying on my back and stretching my arms and legs, kicking the cat off by accident and just touching Elzaron sleeping nose. Florenza chuckled as she walked out the room, going somewhere that smelled good. I groaned again and sat up, pushing the covers off. Elzaron gave a little snore that made me giggle, it was so small and adorable. "Morning Demoji."

"Merin," he nodded his head as he strolled over to me, not even leaving a dent as he stepped down onto the soft duvet. I scooped him up into my arms and stood, looking back as I walked out to make sure the demon was still sleeping. The smell got better and bigger as I walked trough to the kitchen, being treated with a plate of hash browns and bacon and egg sandwiches.

"Florenza, this smells amazing." She turned and smiled at me as she flipped something, a pancake.

"You look radiant for just being awakened," she said, a sing song voice dancing through the air. The radio was on, playing a jazz number that made me close my eyes in appreciation. "Breakfast will be ready in just a moment, I need to finish the pancakes."

"Take your time Florenza, there's no rush," she chuckled a little and flipped the pancake again, her hand doing it just right. I set the cat on the towel and sat down myself, leaning back in my chair and closing my eyes. After a few minutes, I was jerked awake by the smell of food. I smiled happily and sat up, groaning. Florenza sat a plate down in front of an empty chair and sat herself, digging into her own plate after nodding her head and mumbling a few words. "Thank you, Florenza."

"You are most welcome, Merin." She looked up and smiled, looking behind me. I turned and grinned, watching as Elzaron stumbled into the kitchen and leaned against he door frame. "Good morning Elzaron. There is some door waiting for you at the table beside Merin."

"What is good about morning?" He shuffled to sit at the table and leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms and then crossing them. I chewed on a bit of bacon as I waited to see how long it would take. After about half a moment, his left eye cracked open and looked at the full plate. "You made me food?"

"I did indeed," she smiled at him and nodded her head to his plate. "Dig in. You will need your strength."

"Talking of morning," I began, sealing my food. "What are your plans for today?"

"Well, we're going to sort some things out. And find out how to send his Princeship back." Florenza said, cutting a pancake into four. "The sooner the better."

"Indeed." His Princeship said, forgetting his table manners an using his hands once he was tucked into his food.

"Okay, I'll tell school that you're coming." All of us were silent, the only sound was metal against plate, the sizzling of embers and the occasional groan when Elzaron accidentally but his lip. Once I was finished, I cleared away my plate and went upstairs, checking the time before switching on the shower. But would be there in half an hour. Elzaron followed me like a lost puppy as I trailed around my room, gathering my school clothes. "Everything alright?"

"Uh-yes. Yes of course." I turned to him at the bathroom door and raised a brow. "Are you...alright?"

"Yeah, but you can't come in here. I need to shower." His brows furrowed and then he realised, his face breaking out into a grin. "Yeah-no."