The Cats Advice

The Cats Advice

After my little... upset, Elzaron walked me back through to the kitchen, his arm around my shoulders, like we had been best buds for years.

"Do you feel more...relaxed after your rest?" It took a moment or two before I realised I had told all Demon, Angel and feline that I was taking a nap, though they probably knew I was lying. I have a flicker of a smile and nodded. The cat sat on the table, on top of a towel, and Florenza was sitting on a chair with her hands under her bum. I looked at the clock on the house phone and saw it was about he two. "As long as you feel better."

"Thanks Florenza," I sat in the chair opposite the angel and looked at my hands on the table, far too 'interested'. I saw Elzarkn sit in a chair beside me, out the corner of my eye. "We need to talk about you going back to school, I need to go back tomorrow."

"Why don't you go to school and we will take care of the rest, Merin?" I looked up at Florenza and nodded. The cat walked across the table and jumped onto my lap, getting comfy on my lap. I petted him and grinned as he began purring.

"If you guys can manage to keep up the appearances through school, that would be great, and Demoji," I looked at the warm bundle on my knees, "do you know how to change? People can't come over and see a fire cat."

"Mortal-" I gave a scowl that made the Demon Prince chuckle. "I am a Demon, a high up Demon. Beyond that, I am a cat."

"A cat with no manners," the feline didn't move as I flicked his ear, finger hugged by a warm flame. Suddenly it was enveloped by a black fur as the flames darkened to black and solidified into fur. My eyes widened as it happened and I petted soft, thick fur. "Your fur is so fluffy!"

"I didn't know Demons like you could change," Elzaron said, eyes wide and shocked. "Can all demons change?"

"As I made out before, Prince, the master did not tell you everything you should know." He stretched slightly and curled up again into the cute ball of fur. "And as I said before, I am a cat."

"Why didn't Father tell me, Demoji? Surely, as his most trusted friend, you know?" The cat sat up and faced the Prince, ears up and intrigued. "Why didn't he trust me with this information?"

"Ask yourself, Prince Elzaron, sometimes the truth comes from within."