The Background Is Death

Both Demon and Angel sat with the cat of fire, a wave of quiet had long since washed over them. The cat had went to it's trademark sitting position, fire eyes watching like a bird of prey, instead of a cat of fire. Elzaron had barely kept his eyes off the door after the Mortals leave. Florenza had kept watching him, trying to figure out what was between both Mortal and Demon.

"Maybe you should check on her, Elzaron." He turned to loo at both Angel and cat, a surprised look passing across his face. Florenza nodded and looked at her foe.

"I agree it's the Feline, Son of Lucifer." The Son of Lucifer raised an eyebrow at the daughter of Yahwen. The Angel only offered a quick look of plead before the it back into Heavans third eldest stone pilar. "Go and see too Merin, Elzaron, please."

"If you wish," the tremor stood and began walking to Merin's room. He walked slowly, silently through the house. There was a hushed sniffling noise, like a girl crying. Was Merin...crying? He knocked on the door, four sharp raps and awaited a call to enter.

"Come in," he opened the door, just enough two lip in, and closed it again, turning to her. She was in bed, clutching the Helter Skelter from her brother to her chest. She was hiding her face but you could still see part of her tear stained cheeks. Elzaron sat beside her feel, hands in his lap. "Something wrong?"

"You are sad," Merin sat up, putting the present on the bedside table. He stood, walking to the other side of the bed and sat beside her, pulling her to him. She was reluctant. It soon he felt her relax against him. She seemed to have stopped crying, but he wasn't co iced. "Do you wish to tell me what is wrong?"

"It's nothing," he stayed silent as she tried to control her breathing. She waited a minute or two before beginning her tale. "When I was about nine, my parent took me to Blackpool. Luke was at home with Grammy. It was us and Melissa, my friend from school. We never left each other's side.

"When he got there, we wanted to do everything and anything. We got to pick what we wanted to do, so we did. And the last day we went on the Helter Skelter, before he were due to go home." She stopped, as if waiting for someone to finish her story.

"I'm listening." He slightly tightened his arm around her, as if to tell her she was safe. She waited another moment before carrying on.

"We went to the top, and by then it was windy. The guy warned us to be careful, and we were, as much as we could. But with the wind it was difficult. Melissa took a wrong step and the wind just... Blew her off the top." A year fell from her cheek and onto his bare chest, glistening blue against his skin. He hugged her hard, her face the into his neck as she cried.