tenth

chapters in italics are flashbacks.

Close your eyes, count to seven, and take a deep breath.

It was a Sunday night, and the rest of the BTS members just finished recording.

The six of them, had to record while their maknae was alone in the dorm, well the youngest finished recording first because he's the Golden Maknae.

The six of them remembered how the youngest bragged about how BangPd loved his voice and he was already finished with his parts, at the first try as well.

They can't help but be proud of the youngest, but it also came with the annoyance with how the youngest bragged. It definitely crushed their egos.

"Let's just celebrate first." Taehyung piped up as they were inside the small van they had and Jin glanced at the mirror to see how Taehyung had his arms crossed and Jimin was pouting.

He sighed and turned the vehicle around.

Jungkook cheered as he finished another movie while he shoved his hands onto another bag of chips.

He glanced at the clock, silently cheering at how his hyungs were taking too long to record.

He guessed them to have already finished earlier but they were just busy gathering the presents or surprise they had for him. He just knew it.

It was August 30, but he knew they would start this early because they mostly had dance practices tomorrow.

The clock struck 12:30 am and he finally heard a van screeching to a stop and he turned the TV off and hid the bag of chips under a pillow on the sofa.

He would be one step ahead of his hyungs again, and they will be amused with him. He always wanted to be one step ahead of his hyungs. It made them praise him alot more.

He opened the door and gasped at the sight of a drunk Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon.

Hoseok and Yoongi were a bit tipsy, and Jin looked fine as he helped the younger two to get inside the house.

Jungkook widened his eyes as they had nothing to bring inside. No bags, No confetti, No streamers, No gifts.

He was turning 17 tomorrow.

His hyungs weren't even acknowledging him by the door, No questions on why he was still up at 12:30 am or no comments about if he ate already.

It made him feel a bubbling feeling in his stomach as he punched the door in anger which startled everyone.

"You really left me here to go and get drinks? How can you all be so irresponsible?" Jungkook shouted and Namjoon raised an eyebrow at him.

"How- How dare y-you speak like that!" Namjoon slurred as he pointed at Jungkook who scowled at their leader.

"Is this what you call hardworking? Just fucking wait until BangPd hears about this!" Jungkook shoved past the older hyungs and gasped as he felt a hand grab his shoulder and turn him around, only to be faced with Yoongi.

"You don't fucking know what sacrifices I made for this group. Don't fucking start on that bullshit Jungkook. I'm warning you." Yoongi threatened the younger and he just shook his head and pushed Yoongi's hand away from his shoulder and ran to his room.

-

It was already nearing 10pm for August 31 and Jungkook just watched his hyungs as they tried to master the steps for their new comeback.