Chapter 20

Sidharth's POV

"Doctor, I'm willing to give my kidney." Alia says in sync with Jacquline.

"Alia your not sta-"

"No! I don't wanna loose my best friend. After everything she's done for me this is the least I can do for her." She retorts.

"Im willing to give mine." I say

"So am I." Varun says.

We go through with the doctor and then come out and we wait.

The doctor approaches us. My heart races rapidly.

"We've found a match. Mrs Dhawan are you willing to go through with the procedure?"

Alia's POV

Without thinking twice I say "yes doctor." It's my fault that my best friend is in this state. I can not loose her even if I risk my life I'll do anything to save her.

"Okay will call you in."

Varun grabs my hand. "I'm so so sorry." He says full of guilt.

"Don't be baby, I probably would've reacted that way. I love you." I hug him tightly.

"I love you too!" He kisses my cheek.

I'm taken into the room Shraddha's in, in which there's another bed. I get changed into the hospital gown. As I wait for the doctors I sit beside her and tears flow down my eyes.

"Don't worry my Shraddha Birdy, your Alu Parotha will save you." I cry.

"Mrs Dhawan are you ready?"

I nod.

Aishwariya's POV

"What happened?!" I asks Jacqueline shocked.

"Mum Shraddha's got shot." She cries

"How?! And your telling me now! I'm coming right now!" I fume.

"No, no Mum they've found a kidney match. It's Alia and the operations started. Just make sure the kids are okay Birdy can only do so much she's pregnant herself." She says.

"Ok keep me informed." I end the call.

How did this happen?!

Sidharth's POV

The operation takes a while and we wait anxiously. I just hope everything goes smoothly. As I wait tears leave my eyes.

"Have hope, everything will soon be okay. She'll pull through." Varun puts his arm around me.

"She's my sister after all!" Jacqueline says.

I sniff. "I hope so the kids and I need her."

Soon the doctor comes out. "The operations complete. Now we just wait till they regain consciousness. Alia definitely will but there's a chance that Shraddha may not. They're going to be taken into a side room you can go see them."

My heart aches. We go into the side room Jacqueline and I sit beside Shraddha. I take her hand in mine. "Please wake up. I need you." Tears leave my eyes.

We wait for an hour but both Alia and Shraddha don't regain consciousness. "Let's go get a drink and something to eat." Varun says.

Alia's POV

I wake up and look to my side and see Shraddha lying there. A nurse walks in.

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"We're just waiting for her to regain consciousness." She smiles.

I stand up and as I do I get a little pain which causes me to wince.