Provocation

Lily knew full well that Caine wasn't going to give up that easily.That was why she'd given him a loose leash for now. Caine would snap if she reigned him in too quickly. So right now, he was off arranging for Drake, Panda and Diana to kidnap Sam and Astrid. Of course, Caine didn't know she knew this. But how could she not? Caine was not well liked in the FAYZ, especially after he'd nearly killed her.
She was Perdido's greatest resource, after all.

  Quinn had been all too eager to betray his "brah". All it took was Caine's sweet talk and the traitor was spitting details left and right.
Lily sighed, twirling in the mayor's chair. The office was nearly completely rebuilt, mostly by Caine as another punishment. Humiliation for him, immense fun for her, Drake and Diana.

  Drake. They hadn't spoken of that moment in the office, avoided the topic altogether. Acknowledgement would mean acceptance. Acceptance would mean they'd have to either agree it wasn't the best thing or make it real. Diana had pushed and pushed her to talk about it with Drake, despite her own disdain at the mention of him, which Lily had responded to by questioning the dark haired girl about her own love life. Lily honestly couldn't care less if
Diana dated Caine - just as long as her best friend was happy.

And right now, she had bigger problems. Namely, Sam. She was completely divided on what to do with him. He was a powerful person but that could also be useful to her. People would want Sam to rule and the prospect of that didn't exactly excite her. On the other hand, Sam could be an ally. Drake and Caine wanted him dead - that was for sure. But Diana? No way. Drake would turn on Diana soon enough, when Lily wasn't able to stop him, and all of his hatred, directed at one person? Fatal.

Another major problem was Lily herself. She hadn't...she hadn't been the same after.. whatever had happened with Caine. Honestly? She didn't know what had happened. She'd thought fast and came up with a convincing lie that would draw you in and spit you out. But there was a sort of hollowness in her eyes, if you cared enough to look. Diana had noticed it. Drake had commented on it. Hell, even Caine asked if she was okay once, when he caught her staring at nothing, that empty look in her eyes.
It was though she'd reverted to that scared little girl in a cold, dark cellar. The memories still haunted her nightmares and clung close to her thoughts. God...her nightmares.
The memory of one particularly bad incident invaded her mind.

Caine hit her with startling force. The wall she was thrown into crumbled and the pain hit her like Caine had. Debris surrounding her, she could only lie there, limp. Drake threw a glance her way. Then Caine's. And he laughed. Diana murmured something to Caine, making him laugh loudly. She pointed at Lily and snickered in that odd way of hers. Drake was laughing so hard he had to lean on Diana for support.

Meanwhile, Caine was mocking her.
"So strong now. See that power. Not your "hundred bar" self now, are you?"
His voice shifted to a darker, deeper one. "Not after I ripped that power from you and hid it where you still can't find it. Gave it to others. Used you up, like a battery. You're so pitiful. Unloved," it
taunted her coldly.

Drake seemed to agree, shark grin emerging. Diana wrapped a rake thin arm around Drake, leaning in for a kiss. He happily accepted it and cackled at her misfortune.
"You didn't think I loved you, did you? Seriously? You? Broken, bruised, beaten you? Scarred, scared, sadistic you? As if," the voice that was not Drake's snorted in derision.

More voices, more insults. Sam mentioning her looks. Astrid mocking her intelligence. Edilio Escobar, mimicking her as a "loyal soldier". Mary commenting on her weight, then snickering and snorting.
Orc joking about how she "wasn't even that good". What had that monster done to her? Others joined in. Howard, Panda, Chaz. Mimicry, mockery, misery. Taunts and jokes and mockery hitting her worse than her captors ever could have.
Lily was crying now - weakness incarnate. She wanted her power back. Wanted all that glorious power that was rightfully hers. A whip on her back burned like fire. Ropes and chains held her back from exacting revenge.