An Unfair Game of Hide and Seek

I apologize for my lateness. I will have some extra time over the summer so I may actually update more regularly. Thank you for being so understanding and being so supportive. As always, if you have any requests or suggestions, feel free to message me about them. I love you all. (Except you Tiffany. You know what you did, and I am making you a character in a another story and brutally murdering you. So there.)

Ferid stormed from his room, intending to start his search for his wayward pet there since your escape route hinted that you had probably been there.  As he got to the laundry room on the first floor, he saw Mika's cape flutter around the corner of a hallway leading to the back entrance. Not bothering to follow, Ferid threw open the door to the room and went straight to the large hamper at the end of the chute. Rummaging around it, he found a few familiar items, from Crowley's paint stained uniform, the pair of slightly used oven mitts Horns used to pull roast beef out of the oven with, and the beautiful dress he had gifted to that ungrateful human. 

Ferid realized after angrily staring at it for a moment what the garment meant... Either she was naked or she was wearing clothes stolen from this bin. He also realized a certain uniform was missing and that Mika would have no reason to have been in this area of the house...

After cautiously opening the laundry room door, you looked both ways in what was a magnificent hallway. Stepping out into it, you had the decision to go into one of many doors currently visible or try either one of the hallways at each end of this one. Deciding on the hallway to your right, you start towards it, until you hear the clicking of heels on marble, informing you that someone was hastily headed towards you from that hallway which quickly changed your choice on which way to go. Moving as quickly and quietly as you could you race to your new destination, praying whoever was coming wouldn't catch you. 

You breathe a small sigh of relief as you round the corner, even though you knew you were far from being safe. You once again had plenty of choices of doors, only this time there were no new hallways. You had to hope that one of these was your ticket out, otherwise you were doomed. You heard whoever was in the hallway behind you slam open a door, startling you. Grabbing the nearest door handle, you peak inside. It appeared to be a storage room. Next door opened into a large, empty kitchen. The one after that hid a narrow stone staircase leading down into darkness.  Door number 4 opened into an alley outside. Euphoria crashed over you, just to drain away as a far to familiar voice sang out "Ooooooh little lamb, where are you???"The thinly veiled anger in his voice solidified your resolve, and you darted out into the alley, hoping you could get away from the vampire noble stalking you

Ferid had left the laundry room, smirked, and called out as sweetly as he could to his nearby runaway. Unsurprisingly, he heard a door slam shut. He ran to the back entrance first, to check the long alleyway. If it was empty, he had plenty of time to search the other rooms. He opened the door, and nothing was outside, except for another noble's carriage parked at the very end of it. 

Well, she couldn't have come this way, he thought. If she had, there would be quite a spectacle of another vampire scaring her back towards me, Ferid thought. He pulled the door shut with a satisfied smile. He could take his time cornering his prey.