Cheerleaders

"Wait what?" I ask with huge eyes.
"Tessa broke her leg and your the only one who can do a full down." The Coach shrugs. "We're competing this month we really need you."
"I-I guess," I say completely surprised.
Do I say yes and re-join the team?
"Okay." I agree. "But only until Tessa's leg is okay."
"Great!" Coach exclaims and smiles. "Practice is tonight." She shuffles away and I'm left to stare after her. What did I just get myself into?
I'll tell you what. Wearing skimpy outfits with 19 other girls on a football field, listening to them complain about their hair while I stretch. Or even worse, brag about sex with the football, baseball, basketball, and lacrosse players, or most common, Nash.
Glad thats over.

-

I look for Nash at lunch and don't see him anywhere. I stand in the middle of the cafeteria searching the wave of oncoming students. Who for some reason, part for me and don't dare touching me.
I think know that reason.
I'm more famous at school then I ever was before. Seniors pay attention to me as I walk down the hallway. Even dating Noah most Seniors didn't give a shit about me.
5 minutes later and he's still not here. My brain immediately thinks the worst. He could be cheating on me with one of the cheerleaders. Oh God how is he gonna react when I become one? Oh God. Oh God.
I'm drawn out of my thoughts by two arms wrapping around my waist. I breathe in the scent of Pine and Mint and immediately calm down.
When I turn to face him he looks fine. His hair is all in the right spots, his eyes are its usual bright blue color, his skin not flushed, his breathing normal, his lips aren't swollen, he seems perfectly fine. I shouldn't of doubted him.
"Hey babe, where were you?" I ask wrapping my arms around his neck.
"Math." He shrugs and plants a kiss on my lips.
"Oh cool," I nod and step away from him, letting my hands drop. "Listen I have something to tell you."
"Oh, what is it?" He asks suspiciously.
"Well Coach Megan, the Cheer Coach, asked me if I would rejoin the team because Tessa broke her leg and I'm the only one who can fly in her place." I say.
"And you said?" He prods.
"I said I would." I finish.
His face breaks into a smile. "Thats great!"
"It is?" I'm taken back by this.
"Yeah, I've always loved cheerleaders." He winks.
Suddenly becoming a Cheerleader isn't just an option.
"Okay then, well its good that I'm becoming one." I smile and we walk to lunch together.

-

5:30 rolls around and I drag myself out of my bed. I put on Caribbean blue, white and gold (my school colors) shorts, a blue tee-shirt they gave me, and my white cheer shoes. I secure my hair in a pony before grabbing my penny board, cheer bag, and riding over.
"Ah, Malia!" Coach beams when she see's me.
"Hi Coach!" I smile as I cross the track, onto the Football field.
"Alright ladies!" Coach yells and we all sit in front of her. "Today we'll be joined by Malia, because Tessa has broken her leg. Also, the Lacrosse and Football teams are practicing with us because time mix ups." She rolls her eyes. "Regardless, lets warm up!"
We all nod and position ourselves in the track.
"Four laps, ladies!" She reminds us. "Go!"
I immediately take front position. Running not jogging.
I feel eyes on me and see the entire football team watching me. From the Lacrosse field, I see even more eyes watching me. I shrug it all off and finish my first lap.
"Great start, Malia!" Coach encourages me.
I finish the mile before anyone else and feel glares on my back. I turn to see 95% of the Cheerleaders glaring at me.
I shoot back a fake smile as we begin stretches.
"Malia?" I look up to see a football player jogging towards me.
His jersey says 'Espinosa'.
I involuntarily notice the entire cheer team fix themselves as he nears. Okay, no.
"Matt, hey!" I hug him.
"You didn't tell me you rejoined cheer?" He questions.
"Oh, yeah well I did." I smile and he fakes looking hurt.
"I'm your best friend and you didn't tell me?" He holds his heart.
"I'm sorry I forgot." I apologize.
"Espinosa get back on the field!" His coach yells.
"Yeah, Coach." He yells back. "I gotta go, bye Malia!" He gives me one more hug before running off to his coach.
When I turn back around everyone's glaring at me. Well, if they didn't hate me before they sure do now.

-

45 minutes of practice and we get a 5 minute break. I get my cheer bag and take a gulp of my water.
"So . . ." A voice says from behind me. I turn to see head-cheerleader, Marina Stone. "You're dating Nash or what?"
"Yeah." I elongate the word.
"Shame." She sighs and puts her hand on her hip.
"Uhm, why exactly is that a shame?" I ask, getting annoyed.
"Because he would look so better under me." She says matter-of-factly.
"Oh really?" I challenge.
"Really."
"And how would you like to be on top of him with a black eye and broken arm?" I smile but make sure my words reek with venom.
She smirks and flips her hair. "Please you wouldn't touch me."
"Wanna bet, princess?" I say standing up.
"Actually I do." She takes a step forward. "You're not so tough."
"And you are?"
"Tough enough to have sex with Nash," she grins evilly before adding "multiple times."
I glare at her so hard that it probably could kill.
"And he was so good." She gushes. "You get this sense of . . . real lust when he moans your name. Oh look he's coming this way." She points at him and sure enough he's crossing the field to get to us. "I'd bang him again in a heartbeat, babe, so watch out."
"Oh really?!" You can practically see the smoke coming from my ears. I dig my nails into my palm to stop myself from killing the bitch.
"Really. That boy has a gift. To bad you'll never see it. You should've seen what he did with his lips. And his hands." She taunts further. "They just about touched me everywhere. Oh and who can forget that tongue."
With that I lost it. I tackle her to the ground and am about to punch her until two strong arms wrap around my waist and peel me off. I fight them without realizing who they belong to.
"Let me go!" I command.
"Calm down, bae." Nash's soothing voice fills my ears and I sigh.
"Let go of me." I order once again.
"Why were you about to beat the crap out of her?" He asks.
"You mean your old fuck buddy?" I spit.
He whirls me around to face him and his blue eyes study my face intensely.
"She said-"
"She told me everything, Nash!" I yell, exasperatedly. "She went on about how you had sex rubbing it in my face and teasing me saying I'll never get it."
"Well if you want it you could just ask." He smirks.
"Are you seriously doing this now?!" I yell.
"What- why is this such a big deal to you?!"
"Because she means I'm not the only one!" I scream back, that shuts him up.
"It means that countless other girls also got you. And I'm just one of them."
"No your no-."
"Hell yeah I am!" I argue. "Name one thing that you've done for me thats different."
He pauses.
"Thats what I thought." I turn away and stomp back to the cheer team.
"Bitch." Marina mutters.
"Save it for someone who cares, asshole." I snap back.