Owen Patterson

I was still fuming about Nash when I went home.
I was still fuming about Nash when I went to bed.
I was still fuming about Nash when I woke up.
And, here I am, walking into school still fuming about Nash.
I threw all my books in my locker and my penny board. And I NEVER throw my penny board.
I avoid breakfast and go straight to 1st period.

-

After avoiding everyone the whole day lunch rolls around and I'm forced to sit across from Nash.
"Hey Malia!" Matt chirps.
"Hi Matty," I hug him lightly.
"So, Malia did you hear?" Hayley teases.
"Hear what?" I turn to her quizzically.
"Oh just about the whole ship thing." She shrugs.
"What ship thing?" I press.
Her jaw drops and so does her fork. "You didn't hear about it?"
"Clearly not." I point out.
"What do you mean ship thing?" Nash interjects and I glare at him.
He just glances at me and turns back to Hayley.
"Oh its just that all the football players and some others ship, ah," she struggles with her words, "Owen and Malia."
My jaw hangs open and my face flushes. "A-are you serious?"
"Yeah," She nods.
"Who exactly ships them?" Nash asks, his face redder and eyes narrower that usual. I instinctively reach my hand over and intertwine it with his. His eyes study mine and his expression softens.
"I don't know it was just something I heard." Hayley shrugs again.
"Don't worry." I assure Nash and rub circles into the back of his hand.
"I know," he nods," I just really hate Owen."
"Its okay, you're not loosing me anytime soon." I shake my head. "Definitely not because of that, if anything you'll loose me because you fuck up."
He narrows his eyes and I laugh.
"You're hilarious are you a comedian?"
"Only for you, babe." I respond with a smirk.

-

"Hey Malia right?" Someone leans over my locker.
"Yea-" my words die in my throat as I look up to see Owen Patterson.
The quarter back. The fucking quarter back.
You may think. Malia, whats so cool about the quarter back?
Let me tell you.
Owen is 6'1. The same height as Nash but who's comparing the two? He has bright green eyes that sometimes turn blue, dark brown hair in a quiff, tan skin, a muscular body and an accent.
I repeat.
An AUSTRALIAN accent.
He's perfection in human form, talking to me. Holy shit.
"I'm Owen, nice to meet the new head cutie on the Cheer team." He smirks and leans on my locker.
My cheeks go scarlet and I smile. "Thanks, its nice to meet you too."
He leans closer and I don't resist him. I probably should. Oh well. "So have you heard about the rumor that everyone wants us to get together?"
My heart stops at that. "Uh yeah."
"Well, I mean lets just face it," he smirks once again. "Hottest girl on the squad, hottest guy on the team." He shrugs. "It makes sense doesn't it?"
"I-I guess." I stutter.
He laughs. "So you agree?"
"We-well." I squeak. "I mean I see where their coming from... but I am dating Nash."
"So?" His eyes sparkle with mischief. "Brake up with him."
"Uh, well," I stammer.
"Don't you think this is the best idea?" He asks stepping extremely close.
"Uh, I-" I curse my sudden inability to speak. "Its just that I-I really like him and-"
"More than you like this?" He leans in and I want so bad to lean in too. Instead I place my hands on his chest and push away.
"Oh come on, Malia." Owen complains. "You know he's cheating on you, right?"
"He's what?!" I jump back.
Owen nods sympathetically. "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but, he's not exactly the best boyfriend to have."
"How do you know?"
"He was bragging about getting with some girl yesterday night to the whole Lacrosse team." Owen explains.
"But I- what? Are you sure?"
He nods again. "I'm really sorry, babe."
"You've got to be kidding me." I say leaning against the lockers. I want so bad to believe its not true but it sounds like Nash. I study Owen's face for a second. Everything about him looks so innocent and sexy. I just want to rip the hair out from my head.
"Look," Owen moves so he's inches from my face. "He's cheating on you this is the least you could do."
"And whats that?" I ask but have my own suspicions on what he's getting at.
"This," he breathes and presses his lips lightly on mine. Nothing. No sparks, no butterflies, nothing. The kiss means nothing and it's almost repulsive.
I try to push him away but he traps me in his arms.
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" I hear someone yell.
Shit.
SHIT.

I'm sorry its so short but I thought you guys deserve something after so long. Anywhosies new chapter soon love y'all ❤️💚💜💙💛