Ignored

(Dreaming)

I'm walking down to corridors of school until I get to the cafeteria. No one else is in sight. I push open the dull red doors to find the huge, white, room empty. All the tables are vacant of any students. I cross the room swiftly to the parking lot. Under a pine tree, Nash sits in a gray, crew-neck sweater, dark blue jeans, and black vans. His brown hair strewn all over his head messily. He's leaning on the tree with bent knees. When I approach him his blue eyes gain a spark. Nash abruptly stands up and in a few strides diminishes any space between us. I'm pulled into a huge hug with his head rested on top of mine. My stomach erupts with butterflies and my heart races. The only way I can describe it is like being grazed by lightening. It electrifies my whole being but doesn't hit hard enough to hurt. He intertwines our fingers and my heart skips.

"I love you, Malia," he whispers in my ear. "Only you."

"I know." I find myself saying. "I love you too."

"Good." He breathes while leaning his head down to meet mine. Our lips touch and the butterflies return with more ferocity. This is what I want. I don't want Noah. I want this.

-

As it turns out, Noah called and broke up with me. He called it just a "break" but I knew what he really meant. Honestly, I'm not sad, not anymore. Ever since I kissed Nash, I haven't felt the same towards him.

-

The next day I have to drag myself out of bed. Because of Nash, school has been more of a chore.

I put on a black and white stripe, skater dress, white converse, and a black cardigan. My hair is in loose curls, and my makeup consists of mascara, and winged eyeliner.

I quickly head to school and walk into the cafeteria. I sit at our regular table. Nash is no where to be found, but all his little friends are here.

The dream screwed with my mind a lot, more than it probably should've. I tune everyone else out and stare at the wall. I wish life was simple. I wish I could forget Noah and have Nash. I wish Nash cared for me. I wish I knew why Nash tried so hard only to give up without getting what he wanted.

"Malia?"

I'm snapped out of my state by Jack J talking to me.

"Hm?" I look at him boredly.

"Are you okay? You seem tense." He asks.

"I'm not tense, just tired and not in the mood for shit right now." I snap with more sass than I intended.

"Woah, calm down." He puts his hands up defensively.

"What's wrong with you? Are you on your period?" Brent teases while leaning forward.

"Ask that again and I'll snap your neck." I spit.

"Damn!" Taylor and Shawn holler while Brent sits back.

I roll my eyes and walk quickly out of the cafeteria. Suddenly everything around me is annoying. As I pass a class room I hear moans and grunts. Dear God this better not be who I think it is. Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to check it out. I open the door to reveal Nash and a girl in my Spanish class, Tanya. He has her pinned against the wall. Their clothes are all on but I doubt they would've been on for much longer. Nash turns to me and smirks, while Tanya's expression resembles a deer in headlights. Tanya is the most quiet, shy girl I know, since when does she go whore-ing around with guys like Nash? I do my best to hide my stirring jealousy and anger with a smug smile.

"Well, well, well." I lean against the door frame and laugh. "What do we have here?"

They both just stare at me silently.

"Don't worry," I start. "I wont tell anyone. But, damn! A janitors closet? What, was the dumpster occupied?"

Nash's smirk disappears. "Can we help you? Or do you just come to watch?"

"Nah, I'm good." I sigh picking my nails. "Have fun, use protection." I wink before closing the door again.

When I get back out I remain a neutral face until I get into the bathroom. I stare at my refection.

Look so strong, but break so easily. Tears unwillingly stream down my cheeks. Of course he would do this, he always does this to girls. I let out what seems like the millionth sigh before wiping my tears away. Without letting another tear fall, I fix my make-up and hair.

Nash won't see me like this. He'll never get that satisfaction.

I open the door and quickly walk to first period. We have open seating and since I'm last there was one seat left. In between Taylor and Nash.

Shit.