Chapter 1 - Page 2

The boy now known as Red fist bumps the other boy, and said, "Cool. What's there to talk about, Rucky?" Wearing a charcoal grey plaid scarf, the brawn of the group. He was a tough, thirteen year old boy with red hair, and freckles. Rucky started walking towards the other side of the shack, along with Red and the other two, "We've recently made a map of the outskirts of town, and we've found something worth talking about." Red spoke up, "Cami, is this true?" Wearing a pink hound-tooth scarf, the girl of the group. She was around age sixteen. She had long brown hair, and green eyes, and a beautiful smile. Cami said, "Yeah, Red. This is really important. It could be something big."

Red raised his eyebrow in skepticism, as he walked to the back of the shack. Rucky continued, as they reached the back of the shack,  "Leon, show Red what he missed while he was gone." Wearing a royal blue scarf, the brains of the group. He was a short twelve year old boy, with thick rectangular glasses. He had short brown hair, and deep blue eyes. Leon said, "Well Red, here's the map we made."

Leon handed Red the little hand-drawn map they made together, as he opens it up, he saw a little crudely-drawn cave entrance right behind the surprisingly well drawn Big Tree. Cami whispered to Red, "I drew the Big Tree." As she smiled, and let Red talk. "Oh wow. A cave entrance?!" Red's eyes lit up. Leon said "Yep, a cave entrance. We have no idea what's exactly in there, but it might be something worth taking a look at!" Rucky added in, "It might be dangerous in there, so we stole a few tools from the local farmers." Rucky walked to the side to pick them up from behind a haystack. "The sickles are for Leon, the shovel is for Cami, the scythe is for me, of course," Rucky went on, "And the hardest tool to steal, a splitting axe for you, Red." Red grabbed the large splitting axe, and barely lifted it off the ground. 

Cami said "We'll be going there tomorrow afternoon. It's a little late to go out there tonight, especially with the blood-thirtsy animals roaming about." The three boys nodded in agreement, and started  to part ways for the remainder of the day.

But before they parted, Red walked up to Cami, and said "Cami, I wanted to ask you something." Cami turns around, looking at Red with her full attention. "What is it, dude?" She kneeled and ruffles Red's hair. Red asked, "What's a Crimson Bed? I heard an old man talking about it today." Cami paused for a moment, and then sighed. "It's a special bed that allows a person to hop into another world. I'm old enough to use one, but I don't want to leave you guys or my folks behind. It's usually for people with nothing to lose." Red's face was filled with confusion. "Another world? Is that possible?"

"I guess. This little town's never seen one before, but it's definitely a tale. You're supposed to sleep in this bed, and then you wake up in entirely new world, with possibilities aplenty!" Cami exclaimed. Red looked even more confused, and laughed, "That can't be true. Whatever we find in that cave tomorrow will most definitely not even be worth our time. I'll still go, but it's not going to be that." Red waves goodbye to Cami as he walks off to partake in the rest of his day.