Chapter 2 - Page 4

"Alright Red. Where would you like to head first?" Tara asked, with her ears perked up, using her hand to get hair out of her face. "Hm..." Red pondered. "How about we head to the clothing store? I'm getting a few nasty looks from people." He looked down at his blood stained clothing, and sighed. The two suns shined brightly, as they walked to the clothing store.  They went in, as the little bell at the door jingled.

A young man was at the desk, with what seemed to be cat ears on his head. He was wiping the table, as he said, <Ah, Hello! What can I get you today?> He spoke in a different language, that Red could not understand. Tara turned to Red's confused face. "He's a Phel'ite, a race of humanoids with cat ears and tails. They speak Phel'itian." She whispered, as she turned back to the young Phel'ite. <Hello! I was wondering if you could show us your wares? This boy here just came from a grueling battle, and would like to change."

The Phel'ite slumped over, and looked at Red. "Ah, you? My mistake, I'm still speaking in my language." He laughed. "Hey, kid. What would you like?" The young man moved, as he pointed at the many selections of clothing. Red answered, "Have anything durable? I'm on a journey to see new things, and I would like something that can hold me over." Red looked around as the Phel'ite responded, "Ah, smart kid. We got some stuff over here for you."

He showed Red a few pieces of clothing, such as a tan collared shirt with a brown belt, and some brown pants. "Here you go, a rustic look for the surviving adventurer." Red looked interested. This look i exactly was he was going for. "I'll take them. They seem to be in wonderful condition." He decided, trying to not sound too interested.

The young man nodded. "Okay, got it. Would you like some gloves and boots? I got some nice vambraces in your size." The young man beckoned Red, to the other side of the store. He picked up a pair of sturdy looking leather vambraces, complete with metal rivets. Red accepted the offer, but minus the boots, on account of his pristine boots given to him by his former gang. 

They walked out of the store, thanked the young man, and headed to the weapon store. "Hey Red..." Tara began. "How come you didn't accept the boots? They were free of charge with the vambraces." Red sighed, looked at the ground and stopped. Tara stopped as well, as Red answered, "They were given to me by friends from my original world. One died, and the other two went into the bed after me." Tara looked at red, with a concerned look. "So you left your friends and headed out here?" 

Red turned to her. "It's not like that!" He said looking away from Tara. "...It's just that.." He paused. "The world we were in had nothing for us. Our only choice was for us to go our separate ways." Tara looked at him even more concerned. She got down on a knee and put her hand on Red's shoulder. "Hey, I may be just an adult to you, and I might not understand, but..."

She turned his face to face her, Red's eyes filled with tears. "I'll help you along the way as much as I can, Mr. Ambassador of Terratopa." Red sniffed, and asked, "You'd really do that for a kid like me?" Tara nodded. "Of course, dear. Now let's get to the weapon store." Red agreed, as he picked himself up, and walked behind Tara.