Chapter 1 - Page 7

As the Wolvens got closer, the four of them looked straight at where the pack was. Rucky's hands started shaking, as he barely lifted the scythe up. The pack of Wolvens started to growl, as they got closer, and closer. Red whispered to the rest of them, "Alright, stay behind me, and cover the side--" 

Rucky started to grasp the scythe in his hand, as he ran past Red screaming, and into the pack. "Rucky, No!" Red screamed, as he ran as fast as he could in the same direction as Rucky. The Wolvens started to lunge forward, ready to tear into Rucky, as Red axed a Wolv in the head, blood spattering onto both of their faces. Cami and Leon's eyes widen in terror. The Wolvens start to back up, yet holding their ground as they growl. Red looks back and screams, his face covered in blood, "Cami, Leon!" He beckoned them over as he continued, "Help us kill these things!" Red's stare was never so serious in his life. Cami and Leon nodded, as they headed to the front lines. 

The Wolvens lunged forward as everyone but Rucky was attacking. Rucky was ducking down, his eyes moving in every direction. He was afraid. Afraid of killing, or being killed. The rest of them, as loyal as they are, were protecting Rucky the best they could. Cami yelled, "Rucky! Get it together!" As she slammed a Wolv with her shovel. Leon dug his sickles into two Wolven's skulls, as he also added, "We're trying to protect you! If you don't get up, We'll die here! Do you want us to die here?!" Red used his axe, using his weight like he practiced to hit about four wolves, slaying them. He then ran over to rucky, kneeled down, and slapped him as hard as he could.

"RUCKY!" Red yelled. "Listen to me, listen to me, we're not dying here, Okay? Just get up, we'll make it through this!" Red put both his arms on Rucky's shoulders as Rucky snapped out of it, his face turning to anger towards the Wolvens, as Leon and Cami were covering them. Rucky got up suddenly, broke off the handle of the scythe, and started using the handle as a bat. slamming the head of another Wolv. The other three looked at him, as he bashed in the head of a single Wolv. 

"Take that, damnit! You're NOT killing us today!!" He bellowed. The other three continued fighting as the pack of Wolvens grew thinner and thinner. The last few Wolvens were taken down by Red, as he swung the axe in a circle. The four children were covered in blood, and panting, out of breath. "Rucky..." Cami said as she hugged him. "..I'm glad you're okay." Rucky hugged her back, crying bitter tears. "Cami.... I.. We almost died." Rucky sobbed. Red and Leon got their composure back, as they wiped the blood of their faces, and weapons. Cami spoke again, "If I lost any of you, I don't know what I'd do..." as her eyes turned red from the tears. They all hugged, as the battle was over. 

After the embrace, Red added, "Guys," He looked were the Wolvens came from, "The cave still goes on. There's bound to be even scarier things down there, things I don't want to imagine." His face looking as serious as it's been. "Let's take a break, and seal off the cave that goes further in for now. We need also need to make a campfire. Leon, Cami, help me with this." He went on, "Rucky, take a break, okay? Go calm down, here's a blanket." Red handed Rucky a thin blanket as he nodded his head in agreement, unable to speak.