Chapter 2 - Page 11 - End of Chapter

As the new day approached, the dreams faded away, and awoke Red. He laid there for a while, as his eyes opened, his thoughts did not. Today was the day he would go on a grand adventure, to places far, and dangerous. Places he may never come back from. Red sighed, as he collected his thoughts, and got out of his bed. 

As he opened the door to the bedroom, he saw Tara already awake, sitting in a chair waiting for him. "Oh, hello Red! I was just daydreaming, waiting for you to wake up. It's already noon." Tara smiled, as the smile was not of joy, but of comfort. Tara was sad to see Red leave, and on such a dangerous path, but it had to be so. "Oh, hello, Tara! I was awake for a while, but I couldn't seem to get out of bed." Red Uttered. He was also afraid of what lay in store for him. "It's okay, we still have until dawn. Now, get out the Cube, and we can go over a bit more!" Tara said.

"Alright! Well, I guess I'd like to know a bit more about fighting. Know anyone who can help me until dawn?" Red wondered, as he sat down next to Tara. "Oh, um, I guess that's not the answer I expected, but I can do that! Let's head to the courtyard of the castle. It's not too far." Tara exclaimed, as she did not expect such an answer. They ate some food, got everything ready, and headed out to the Courtyard.

As they walked up, they come across a man in shining white and red armor. He was in the way of getting to the Courtyard. "Halt!" He said with a booming voice, and spear upright, blocking the path. "What business have you-" He stopped suddenly, as he recognized Tara. "Oh, Tara! Good to see you. Who is this little guy? A nephew?" He laughs. "Hello, Trace. This is the Ambassador of Terratopa, and I think you should treat him with a bit more respect than that." Tara retorted, as Red fumbled in his bag for the crest and showed it to the man now known as Trace. He cleared his throat, "I-I'm sorry, Sir. My apologies. May I know your name for reference?" Trace said, embarrassed .

Red spoke clear, but humble. "My name is Red. I have been given the honor as the Ambassador of Terratopa by the Crimson Council themselves." He puffed his chest out for a bit, then exhaled. "I'm still just a kid, but I have the guts for adventure!" Trace was astonished at the boy's introduction, and bowed. "Come right this way, Ambassador." He lifted his spear away, as Tara walked and talked with Red. The sights were beautiful, as the trees were a forest green, the castle was perfectly structured, and the royalty of the castle gossiped.  Tara and Red walked to the training section of the Courtyard.

Another man, this one bigger than the last, was a strong, bear-like knight. He spoke with a shout, "Tara! I see you have brought the Terratopian Ambassador to train with us! A fine choice!" He wiped the sweat off his brow, as he walked closer to the two, the sound of clanking armor and crossing blades followed. He spoke softer this time, "Hello, Red. We have heard about your up-coming travel and would like to better hone your skills for such dangers." Red looked at him wide-eyed. He has never seen such a strong looking person before, let alone a knight. "U-uh, Hello! Yes, I have come to train.." Red muttered, as he was clearly intimidated by the man's look. Tara looks back to Red, and said "Don't worry, Red. He's here to help. You can grow big and strong like him one day, if you're lucky!"

The words eased Red, as he lightened up. "That's the spirit, kid! Now, We'll start over here by the training dummies..."

The day grew shorter and shorter, as Tara sat down, watching Red train for his travels. He was getting good at using the axe they bought. Tara moved the hair out of her face, and wondered what would be of Red. She grew more worried the more she thought about it, as she started to daydream once more.

As the day disappeared, the dusk grew ever so closer. An autumn color the sky did become, and Red was finally done.

"Alright, I think I got the hang of it, sir." Red smiled up at the knight, with a childish grin. The knight laughed with a hearty tone, and said, "Yes, you sure did give me quite a challenge! Never seen such skill in someone so young!" They look over at Tara, still daydreaming. "Tara! We have taught the boy as much as we can teach him. It looks like he's ready for his journey." Tara quickly snapped back to reality, as she answered, "Yes! It seems so. He looks tougher already!" Tara smiled, as Red smiled back once more. Tara grabbed Red's hand, as he guided him back to the Council Room. Both of them were very nervous, and worried. The walk to the council was anything but talkative.

As they arrived, the 3 Elders await them, lively as ever on their thrones. "Welcome back." Said the first. "Indeed! Hello again!" uttered the second. The third said sternly, "Yes, Red. Are you ready for your voyage?"

Red looked at Tara, and Tara looked at him. He thought of all the things he would leave behind, but all the things he will see. He thought for a moment more, and finally said, "Yes! I am ready for the adventure of my life!" His grin lit up the room, as they were assured that he was certainly ready. The elders cheered as Tara hugged Red. "We'll get the Crimson Bed ready for you, as it is a process." The Third said, as he glanced back at Tara. "And Tara? Wish him luck, and say your goodbyes."

"I will!" She shouted, as they all rejoiced. Red was happy, yet nervous child. Tara spoke to him for the final time, and said, "Red, I know you will be okay. No matter what the multiverse throws at you, you will always be something to us! I hope to see you again someday." Red nodded, "I hope I get to see you again too, Tara. You were the first adult to ever be nice to me, and hopefully not the last!"

The third came out from the back of their thrones. "Alright, the bed is ready to be rested on. All we need now is you, Red." Red agreed, as he walked to the back of the thrones. There was a small, but cozy room in the back of the Throne pedestals, With a single Crimson Bed. Nothing else lay in the room. Red walked in, as the door was starting to calmly close behind him. He heard one last thing from the Third Elder,

"Open your mind, and seek voyage."

The words rung into Red's ears, as he laid down onto the velvet bed. His eyes slowly closed, as he went to sleep.