Chapter 2 - Page 9

The soldiers released Tara, and she came up and hugged him. "Take that book, child, and remember, this is your duty. Starting today, in a few hours, you must head to the Crimson Be-"

"Wait!" Tara said, still embracing Red in her arms. The Three Elders looked at her in shock, as she looked up. "Give him till tomorrow, so I can at least explain to him how this whole system works. He is still unaware of much... At least give me some time to explain that to him." She pleaded.

The First and Second Elder looked at the Third for confirmation, as he simply nodded. "Very well." The Second Elder responded. "You may keep him until tomorrow evening, and explain how the Crimson Bed's systems work throughout the multiverse." The First looked back at the Third, as the Third was still in a state of sadness. "You have until dusk tomorrow." The first looked back at Tara, as the Second added. "May I speak with you, Tara? To do this right, you must show him a few things we only have here."

Tara barely let out a smile as she nodded, "Yes, I will speak with you." Tara walked to the Council's table, as Red sat down on the floor. Looked at the journal and writing utensil, and thought to himself. "How am I supposed to record the status of the dreams I hop to if I don't know how to read or write?" He pondered, and thought of a solution in his head. "Maybe it's magic! Maybe it can read my thoughts, and can write it down for me!" He began to open up the first blank page, and contorted his face, concentrating his mind to write down on the paper. 

Tara walked back with a satchel, no more tears in her eyes, as she smiled at Red, and said, "What are you doing, silly?" Red looked up at Tara, embarrassed. "Oh uh..." Red closes the journal, as only a single scribble were on the page. "Nothing." Tara smiles as she holds his hand, and walks out of the door of the building... 

"Hey, Tara?" Red exclaimed, as he held the journal. "Yes, hun?" She answered, without skipping a beat. "Do you have children of your own? I'd love to meet them." Tara stopped for a bit, but continued walking. 

"No, I don't, Red. I really wish I did, though." She answered again. Red didn't quite understand why, but he preferred not to ask further." 

They got to an average-sized house, just off the corner of the town walls. "Come in." Tara said as she opened the door for Red. As he went in he noticed the windows looked out into nothing but the solid stone walls, the table stacked almost to the ceiling with important papers. "It's nothing much, but I can take care of you until morning." Red glanced around and said, "Oh, it's plenty. Thank you so much, Tara." 

Tara smiled, as she asked Red, "What would you like to eat?"