Chapter 13

Even My Dad Does Sometimes- Ed Sheeran

Days Are Numbered- Black Veil Brides

Breakeven- The Script

*HARLEYS POV*

I left Niall and Greg alone to talk once I knew that they were both okay, and I helped out with other patients while they talked. I stayed close enough in case of an emergency, though. But nothing happened, which is great.

There's only 10 minutes of visiting hour left, so I have to check on them.

I get up to the two blue doors and peek through the small window.

They're sitting at the same table, Greg on the left and Niall on the right. They're both hysterically laughing.

They laugh very similarly.

Well, I can't hear Greg's laugh, but the way they laugh is similar. They both scrunch up their whole faces and lean their heads back slightly, and clap every once in a while.

Greg stops for a second and starts to talk about something I can't hear, using his hands to explain. Niall continues to laugh, and Greg is trying to get him to stop, but he won't.

I laugh a little, too, and start to walk in the room. They both still laugh, but calm down a little.

"Harley!" Niall cheers.

It makes my heart smile seeing him so happy and care free. He seems so, normal, and it's incredible.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask and sit down across from them. Greg smirks at Niall teasingly.

"I'm gonna tell her." Greg teases.

"Don't you dare." Niall warns playfully. There's obviously an inside joke here that I'm not allowed to know.

"Is it about me?" I ask nervously.

"No." Niall says at the exact time that Greg says, "Yes."

Greg laughs under his breath and I look down at myself, inspecting to see if I have something on me or something like that. "What? Seriously! Is there something on me?"

Niall chuckles a little and answers me, "No, no, you're fine. Don't worry. We weren't talking about you. Greg's just an ass." He rolls his eyes and elbows his brother in the ribcage and they both laugh.

I really wish I didn't have to do this. They seem so happy and I just don't want to ruin this for them, but visiting hour is over now and Greg has to leave. My palms start sweating, but I know I have to say this, "Well, guys, it's 4 now. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, visiting time is over." I try to apologize with my eyes.

They look at each other with great sadness. Greg nearly cries again, but he quickly recovers. "Well, Niall. I'll be here tomorrow. I promise. I'll bring you your blanket that you want and your old music folder. Is that all?"

Niall nods. He looks like he's going to cry, but he's holding it in.

"Hey, dude, don't cry." Greg instructs him. He takes Niall by his shoulders and looks him deep in the eyes and adds, "Once again, Niall I am so sorry for everything. I should have always been there for you and maybe you wouldn't be here like this. I shouldn't have abandoned you after all of it. I'm so sorry. I love you, okay? Don't you ever forget that." He pulls Niall into a tight hug, where they stay for a few moments.

Niall is larger than me, but Greg is even larger than Niall. His body completely encompasses Niall, like he's protecting him. He whispers something in Niall's ear, something I can't understand, and Niall nods and chuckles softly.