Chapter 27: Captain's Orders

(Reader's P.O.V.)

                      Tony, Steve, and Thor all walk into the compound, smelling the mixture of chemicals as they first walk in

Tony, Steve, and Thor all walk into the compound, smelling the mixture of chemicals as they first walk in. It worries Steve. The woman at the front desk looks up from her book, her eye going wide as she sees Tony in his Ironman suit. She reaches under the desk and pushes a button. Thor she's the woman and walks over.
"Young maiden, where can I find Lady Addison? She is great tro-" Tony pushes Thor aside, leaning against the wall with one hand and the other on his hip.
"Hello, I'm here to pick up my daughter. Her name is Addison Rain McKelly-Stark. She's 5'1, red hair, kind of mouthy." Tony's mask flips up, revealing his smiling face. "I know what you're thinking: how can I be a father? I mean, look at me."
Steve rolls his eyes at Tony. The sight of large nurses in scrubs running down a stairwell catches his eye. He nudges Thor and nods over to them, he takes his shield from his back and walks to the stairwell. Thor follows him, both ready for a fight.
Still flirting with the lady behind the desk, Tony turns to see Steve and Thor walking towards a stairwell. With a sigh, he winks at the woman and stands up straighter.
"Sorry, darling. But I have my screamer kid to find, I'll give you my number on my way back." Then he hurriedly walk over to where Steve and Thor have gone.
Steve carefully walks down the stairwell, his shield in front of him. Thor holds his hammer tight in his hand, ready to strike. Tony walks down the stairs, regretting to let Steve be the leader. Why do they have to be the distraction? Why not Natasha, Clint, and Bruce? Bruce is always backup! Tony can't help but question Steve's motives. The Captain immediately stops, holding up a hand. Voices if guards shouts down the stairwell. Suddenly, a small earthquake shakes the building. The three hero's grasp the handles on the wall. Steve and Tony looks at Thor, whose looks just as confused as them.
"That was-not of my doing." He says very slowly, suddenly worried what thrives within the lower layers of the compound.

                    Natasha, Clint, and Bruce all walk into the basement lair of the compound

Natasha, Clint, and Bruce all walk into the basement lair of the compound. Sounds of thunder rumble from upstairs. Thor's hammer. Natasha nods to Clint. They walk up a flight of stair, being careful not to make a sound, Bruce sneezes. The two assassin turn and glare at him.
"What? It's dusty in here." He says innocently.
Natasha rolls her eyes and continues on with the mission.
As they approach a hallway, they can hear a man calling out for help. Natasha walks cautiously up to the cell, staying her distance. A pale man with thin hair stands holding the bar door. Natasha's points her gun at the man. She speaks to him in Polish. He shakes his head at her.
"I'm from Sweden." He shakes his head, "Please get me out! The little monster is on the loose!"
"Monster?" Bruce says confused.
"Addison" Clint and Natasha say together
"Yes, the little bitch pulled a fast one on me." He says, making all three Avengers angry.
They all three keep moving, ignoring the man's pleas to be set free. As they turn into a hallway, they can't help but stop at the sight in front of them. There's a crack on the floor that goes down the hallway. Almost like an earthquake made crack. Had Thor done that? He's never done anything like that before. They walk down the hall, avoiding to step on the crack in the floor. The stairway is cracked as well, several steps are split in two. Suddenly, they hear voices. Natasha and Clint hurry up the stairway with Bruce lagging behind. When they reach the top step, they see a bright light coming from one room. Natasha looks at Clint with an arched brow. Is it a trick? Clint steps ahead of her, walking into the room first. He sees several people in scrubs standing around a metal table. A woman with red hair lays on the table, strapped down from head to ankle. Addison. Someone grabs Clint and throws him against the wall, gunshots go off. Natasha shoots the woman and several others who have reached for their hidden weapons. Clint stands up and points his arrow at the remaining people. Bruce hurries in and goes to Addison's side.
"We've found Stark Jr." Clint says in his earpiece
When Addison sees Bruce, a smile appears on her sickly pale face. Hope in her hazel eyes. Wires surround Addison, a bag of blue serum is attached to her. Bruce gently takes the needle out of her arm.
"Copy that." Steve's voice rings in their earpieces, "Head out now!"
A thunder like sound rumbles above them. Addison looks around with wide eyes, as if she were processing all of this. Bruce notices the dirty sock in her mouth, taking it out so she can talk.
"Hey there, kiddo." Bruce says with a smile, noticing the shock collar around her neck.
"Bruce!" Addison's voice is raspy, harsh.
Natasha walks over and helps Bruce unstrap Addison from her bounds. Bruce carefully takes the shock collar off, knowing that he could be shocked if he isn't too careful. When he successfully has the collar off, he sees a heart breaking sight. Addison's neck is completely dark purple and light blue with bruises, a large infected scrap on the side of her neck. Bruce sheds a tear at the sight of his young friend's obvious torture. Clint walks up, seeing the bruises as well, he looks away at the sight.
"We need to get out now. Captain's orders." Clint says urgently.
"Heard him in the earpiece, Barton." Natasha's smirks at him.
"Steve?" Addison says as Bruce helps her off of the metal table.
"Yeah, yeah." Bruce nods to her, putting her arm around his neck. "And Tony and Thor."
Bruce drags Addison out of the lab with Natasha and Clint leading the way.