Pride (Part III)

Sitting in the back of Mike's car Callie didn't say much and neither did Pete for he was aware how upset and distraught she was. The night had been rough and her face to face confrontation with Sheila Jacobs was more difficult then she anticipated. Not only did the bust trip take longer but the woman was a pro at playing mind games, and was a pro at getting into Callie's head. She always had been and Stef knew that which was another reason she didn't want her daughter going alone. It had not been just that it was also the fact that her brother and sister were no longer with Sheila for she had lost custody of them and were now fully thrown into the foster care system. Something her birth mother was rather pissed off about for she could no longer collect welfare.

FLASHBACK

"Oh Roy!! Lookie, lookie it's my first born and her, oh what got you a boyfriend?" She laughed smoking her cigarette as Callie ignored her comment as did Pete.

"I want to see Alice and John." She said sternly.

"Ha! You aren't seeing anyone little shit."

"Hey you watch how you speak to her. That's not nice. You be nice to her." Pete chimed in moving closer to the older woman who could only laugh.

"Oh look at you! Got you a strong man huh! Isn't that something. But you listen up little boy because you don't know a damm thing. Nothing and I could break you in half."

"I'm not afraid of you. You be nice to Callie." He pushed and even Callie was surprised for she didn't know Pete had it in him. But he did.

"Pete it's ok." The young teen said grabbing his hand as he was surprised and held it back.

"I'm not the one you need to be afraid of PETE. What do you know about Miss Callie? You know what she went to jail for? Killing my man. An innocent man."

"What! He was not innocent! He was hurting me and Alice! And you did nothing! He was hurting us! And I took care of them."

"He was innocent little girl! Who in their right mind would want you or your sister? Who?!"

"He raped me."

"Look! You got that bastard child on your own from fucking whoever you were fucking! I know what you were doing!"

"Hey! I warned you to be nice. Don't talk that way to her and her little girl is not a bastard. You are." Pete yelled for he had never gotten this angry in his life. "You are and you are a disgrace. You didn't deserve her. Ever and she has the family now that loves her and her little girl is amazing."

"Pete it's ok. Really."Callie urged once again as she gently rubbed his hand.

"Let her see her brother and sister. You let her see them."

"OOo this is some man you got. You must be giving up that pussy real good for him huh?" She laughed. "Maybe you wanna little taste of me too young boy toy."

"Let me see my brother and sister!" Callie growled.

"They aren't here little girl!! Social services came and got them to little ingrates!"

"You're lying!"

"Like I'd lie. They aren't here! You know why? Your shitty little sister seems to take after you. Mouthing off accusing Roy of things. She's no good. No good piece of shit!"

" What did he do! What did you do!" Callie yelled moving in closer as her hand remained inside Pete's. Right now the young boy really knew this was a bad idea as he saw an older, sleazy man come up behind Sheila. But he would keep his hand inside Callie's protecting her the best he could.