11 ~ The Date: Part 2

Midoriya wasn't going to lie, he was not expecting something like this to happen.

Once the two were inside of the cafe, Todoroki led them to a table that was the closest to the back. They both decided to order drinks, but after that there was only silence. They could hear the sound of chattering around them, and they both listened in on different conversations as an attempt to get rid of the awkward tension. As you could probably guess, that plan failed.

Midoriya had refused to look at Todoroki. What was he supposed to say after that? What even happened, anyway? Midoriya tapped his finger on the table as he rambled in his mind.

"How should I explain this to him...?"

Midoriya stopped tapping his finger, and looked up as he heard Todoroki's voice. "What was that?" he asked.

"Huh?" Todoroki responded with an equally confused expression as Midoriya.

"Did you say something just now?"

"No... I don't think I did."

"Oh, ok."

And it was back to silence... great. After their drinks arrived, the two took a minute to enjoy them. Midoriya was about halfway done with his drink before Todoroki spoke up. "I... I apologize, Midoriya. I think I should probably explain myself."

Midoriya's eyes widened as he put his drink down. "Oh! Well, there's no need to apologize! After all, there's no need to worry about me! I'm more worried about if you're okay," he said with a kind, but concerned expression.

Todoroki hoped that Midoriya wouldn't notice the slight blush that was beginning to appear on his face, and replied. "I appreciate the concern. Well..." he hesitated, before beginning again, "Well, I haven't really told my father about the whole soulmate thing, and I still think that it would be beneficial to keep this a secret from most of the public. Or, my father at least. Just for now." Todoroki felt himself getting more and more anxious as he held himself back from sharing too much information.

Midoriya had a slight feeling that there was more to it then that, based on the expression on Todoroki's face and the tone of his voice when he saw his father. Why did Todoroki seem so genuinely frightened by his father? Was his father against soulmates or something? He decided not to ask him any questions about it for now. "Hm, I think I understand your point of view! I'm totally ok with that! Although, I guess I should mention something."

"That's good to hear, thank you. What is it?"

"Aoyama, and recently Uraraka, know about the whole soulmate thing since they're my friends. I'm slightly surprised Iida hasn't found out, though."

"Ah."

"I'm sorry! I feel like I should've been more secretive about it!"

"No, it's fine. After all, I have told several people myself. My sister being one of them, and Yaoyorozu being the other. I wouldn't be surprised if Jirou knew as well."

"Huh. I guess we kinda suck at being secretive, haha!" Todoroki was surprised at how Midoriya was able to laugh and be so upbeat easily.

Incredible, Todoroki thought.

"What is?" Midoriya suddenly asked.

"What is what?"

"What's incredible? You did say that, right?"

Wait a minute. Surely he hadn't said that out loud, right? Todoroki took a minute to analyze what just happened, along with past events that had occurred earlier that day. After about a minute of thinking, everything started to make sense to him and his eyes widened slightly. "Midoriya, please think of a color. But like, concentrate on that thought."