9 ~ Yaoyorozu's Advice

That night, after yet another very tiring and painful training session, Todoroki collapsed on his bed. His arms and legs ached, and he lightly placed his right hand on his forehead to prevent an oncoming migraine from getting worse. The coldness usually worked. Although he was exhausted, there was something he had thought about during the entire training session. He reached over and grabbed his phone off the nightstand. He hesitated, before typing and sending a text message.

[New message; 11:43 PM]
Todoroki: Yaoyorozu, I hope I'm not disrupting your sleep, but I believe your advice would be very helpful right now.

Yaoyorozu: Hey! You're good, I was just studying. What's up?

Todoroki: Well, I think I kind of like

Todoroki: You know...

Yaoyorozu: ???

Todoroki: I think I basically just asked him out on a date?

Yaoyorozu: That's amazing!! Look at you go!

Todoroki: Thanks, although I'm still not used to this sort of thing. This is going to sound weird, but for some reason frost and steam keeps flying off my head. It's so weird.

After he sent that message, he did not get a reply back for a while. He started to think she fell asleep, and put his phone on the nightstand. Seconds later, he heard a ping from his phone, and he hurriedly grabbed his phone again.

Yaoyorozu: Sorry, I just had to calm myself down from laughing!

Todoroki: .

Yaoyorozu: Sorry, sorry. Anyway, that's probably a symptom! I heard that when people with soulmates get flustered, their quirks can act up sometimes.

Todoroki: Huh, interesting. That sucks, but it's interesting.

Yaoyorozu: I know right? And I know we don't know each other well, but I can tell you're an edgy person. I just can't imagine you getting flustered!

Todoroki sighed, and ignored the comment about being an "edgy person." Was that how everyone saw him?

Yaoyorozu: Anyway, I'm guessing you didn't want to talk about symptoms, correct?

Todoroki: Yes, thank you for noticing. So, other than that one time we met up to get to know each other and stuff, this would be considered our first um

Yaoyorozu: Date? Yes.

The word "date" still seemed so new to him, and it pretty much was. He needed more time to get used to the term. He never thought about the idea of him ever going on a date. Shoot, he never even thought about being able to meet his soulmate until his tattoo vanished.

Todoroki: Oh. Well, what should I do?

Yaoyorozu: What do you mean?

Todoroki: Like, what should I do? How should I plan this out?

Yaoyorozu: That's for you to decide!! He's YOUR soulmate after all!

Todoroki: I just thought you'd have more experience, that's all. And for some reason, I feel like I should make this special.

Todoroki: ... I did not mean to type that last part.

Yaoyorozu: Wow, you hopeless romantic.

Yaoyorozu: Anyway, of course you feel that way! HE'S YOUR SOULMATE! Your partner! If you want my advice, I think you shouldn't overwhelm yourself with this. Try thinking of something simple, yet meaningful! If you can do that, I think you're good to go!