Chapter 4 - Blue Moon

Title credit and soundtrack: BlueMoon by Ella Fitzgerald 

A few days later, as promised, Alex came back from France, and invited me over for dinner. At first I thought to decline his invitation. But he was so polite on the phone, that make me rethink my initial decision.

I tried to think that that was the only reason; the fact that was unbelievably handsome had to stay out of my mind. I was very nervous about the date. I wasn't even sure if it was a date. But going from a non-date period into dating a wealthy, handsome guy, was quite the change.

The security guard at the gate let me in without making me stop; I guess he had orders to let in an old-ready-to-die WV beetle.

I parked near the front door. As soon as I got out of the car; the doors flew open. An old man, dressed in tux, greeted me, and guided me to Alex's office. He kind of reminded me of Batman's butler.

He knocked on the large door and we both went in when we heard Alex call a "Come in."

"Good afternoon", he was smiling, walking half away the room towards me "Thank you, Morris," he said to the old man.

"Good afternoon," I grinned, my thoughts still on batman. I walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You have a weird smile on your face," he smiled; arching his eyebrow, also smiling.

"This," I waved towards the doors that Morris just closed "Reminded me of Batman."

"Damn," he frowned "I came with the Porsche the other day to keep my cover," he winced and he both laugh.

"So, how was France, Mr. Wane?" I smirked.

"Okay," he chuckled "It was a business trip, so..." he said and turned towards me "Let's go to the dining room," and I followed him out the door.

"How was your party?" he asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Very good; the usual, we danced, we drank and got drunk," I laughed as we entered a big room.

It matched the mansion of course; everything was old, heavy, wooden and valuable. In the middle of the room was an unbelievable long table, but we sat near each other; He on the head of the table and me on his left. Soft jazz music was feeling the room.

"Are you happy with the results?" he asked out of the blue while we were eating the very well cooked and tasteful dinner. I looked at him, his brown eyes looking straight into mine.

"It's the best architecture university. I wanted to get away but the school is very good," I confessed.

"Are you happy?" he repeated. I guess I haven't answered his actual question.

"Sort of. I'll meet new people on campus so, that's a nice change."

"If you decide for something different, I can talk to College Deans to get you in without application, anywhere you wish," he said simply. I was astonished he would do that for me.

"I'll keep that in mind, Bruce," I grinned as two waiters served us the desert. He chuckled again; a beautiful smile forming on his lips.

Silence fell between us as the song changed; Ella Fitzgerald's voice echoed through the room.

"I love this song," I whispered; closing my eyes for a moment.

"Dance with me," he said a bit louder than me. I turned my eyes towards me to see if he was serious. He smiled and got up; stretching his right hand towards me.