Chapter 8 - Mothers know everything

I came back home happy and in love. I knew this would never last but the way I saw it, I had two options. I could either hold back, worrying that I might get hurt or I could enjoy it while it lasts.

Since I'm already with him; I'm going for the latter.

As soon as I left my handbag at home, I run at Cleo's; she had returned from the hotel an hour ago. I found her laying in bed staring at the ceiling.

"Oh my God," I said as I entered the room.

"What?" she asked startled.

"Dude, you're so in love," I mocked.

"I know," she sighed and fell back in bed, tapping the spot next to her.

We had just finished talking about the weekend when Max came in; threw himself on the bed next to his sister. He had a weird, sneaky look on his face.

"What's up with you?" I asked him.

"I had sex," he smirked.

"Finally!" I exclaimed smiling widely.

"By the way, we're leaving in three days," Cleo said suddenly ignoring her brother.

"Where to?" I asked.

"The summer house," she grinned.

"Didn't we just come back from the summer house?" I asked since we told our parents we were at the summer house for the weekend.

"Dude, seriously, you thought that anyone bought that?" Max asked.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes and fell back on the bed "For how long are we going?" I asked.

"A week maybe," Max said.

Thinking about it, I felt a bit uneasy leaving Alex behind; I had the weird feeling that If I was away from him for too long he might let go; give up on me.

[+++]

We were leaving the next morning and I was packing my stuff when my mum came in my room.

"So, where did he take you?" she asked; resting against the doorframe. I froze. Why does my mum always knows what am up to? I pretended to be deaf for a few moments but I knew she knew she was right.

"St. Mauritius Island," I mumbled defeated.

"Had fun?" she asked, still standing in the doorway.

"Yeah," I turned around to face her "Sorry I didn't tell you," I winced.

"That's ok," she smiled "Now tell me because am dying; how is he?" she grinned.

My mum was the kind of mum that took everything lightly. Like back when I was sixteen and wanted to go to the Gyn for birth control; she booked the appointment and came with me. Once, she even took dad out of the house so my boyfriend and I could have some time alone.

"Tall, blond and handsome. He has a good sense of humor but can be intimidating."

"Treats you well?" she asked.

"Yes, he wrote the rules for gentlemen," I replied with a small, shy smile.

"What's his name?"

"Alex White," I murmured.

"The Alex White?" she choked and I nodded. She raised her eyebrows and nodded approving "Hope you had fun," she winced.

"I did," I grinned before she left.

[+++]

Max was driving for the past four hours so when he parked his car on the driveway he quickly got out of the car, stretching his body. His new girlfriend, Lexie, had joined us and made him extra cheerful. Good thing about Max was that his girls were always getting along with Cleo and me. Once, a girl couldn't deal with us as she was jealous of me being his best friend, he broke up with her after two weeks.

I called Alex as soon as I got settled down to see how he was. No surprise there; he was supposed to leave tomorrow for another business trip.

I was thankful I wasn't home be0cause I'll had to endured with his absence once again. This is really starting to bag me; forming some kind of addiction. I want to be with him all the time and when am not, I can't take him out of my mind.

Not good.

[+++]

After a night full of dancing at the local club, I was woken up by someone sitting on my bed; shuffling my hair. I pulled the sheet above my head in response but the person didn't move.

"Go away," I groaned to whoever it was.

"You go away. You're in my room," the voice chuckled. It was Damien. Cleo and I were too bored to set up the camp bed in her bedroom the previous day so I was sleeping in his bed since it wasn't occupied.

"Leave," I murmured; he took my hand and pulled me out of the bed. "Jesus," I groaned as I was now sitting on the bed; him in front of me holding my hand and laughing hard.

"What?" I exclaimed and he showed me the mirror on the opposite wall. My hair looked like a bush and my red pajama short was inside out.

"Shut up," I mumbled "I want to go to sleep. Leave," I said and fell back on the bed.

"It's my room!" he raised an eyebrow.

"Have mercy," I pleaded.

"Nope," he refused and sat down on the bed again. He started tickling me and pinching me. My sleep mood was gone.

"At least get out and let me get dressed," I mumbled; my eyes still shut.

"WIN!" he yelled and got up as I sat up against the mattress once again. I looked at him with narrowed eyes and cried out a sigh as he left the room. I hate him. I hate how much I like him.

[+++]

When I managed to wake up Cleo, I went down to the kitchen and made coffee. Damien was sitting near the pool with a friend I recognize to be Matt, Damien' s best friend since high school. A girl was sitting beside Matt; her posture confessed she was his girlfriend.

She surely wasn't with Damien because he never mentioned that he had a girlfriend. Now that I come to think about it; he never actually said anything about any girl he dated. I knew he played the field just because Max always was admiring him. I only saw him with a girl once, at a club that we both happen to be.

I took my glass of coffee and went to sit with them; not caring if I was intruding. I only nodded my head when Matt said good morning.

"Not a morning person," Damien chuckled and I glared at him.

I sat there quietly for a good twenty minutes listening to them talking. Turns out that I was right; the girl, named Jenny, was Matt's girlfriend.

Cleo appeared on the sliding glass doorway smiling. I looked at her tilting my head on the side trying to figure out what was with her.

"Mike's coming," she answered my unspoken question.

"Cool," I winked at her.

"OH! She spoke!!" Matt exclaimed looking at me faking a wide eye expression.

"Shut up Mattie," I told him narrowing my eyes.

"Where am I sleeping?" I pouted. The only free bed was their parent's bed and I wasn't keen on that idea.

"The big bed is taken by Matt and Jenny," Damien said; announcing that way that the couple would be joining us.

"Fine by me. I'm sleeping where I slept last night!" I decided "Find a bed to crash Simmons," I crooked a smile towards Damien.

"Yeah right," he mocked. I raised my eyebrow, making him realize I wasn't anywhere near joking. He didn't speak again; he just frowned.

We spend the rest of day by the swimming pool fooling around; me glancing at my phone regularly for a message that never came.

+++

Authors Note:

Your comments and perhaps votes? xx