Chapter 13 - Lies of white and black and blue

I walked into the coffee shop and stopped dead at the doorway. I immediately pulled out my mobile from my pocket and pretended to write something and begun walking again. I sneaked a peak forward and saw Damien still standing where I first saw him; His back to me and his hands all over a short brunette.

My heart almost escaped my chest. I bit my inner lip to keep my facial expression controlled. What was he doing? But why do I care? I was the one who turned him down so many times. I was the one who went back into a relationship.

I walked pass them and went up the stairs; breathing freely as he hadn't noticed me. Unfortunately, I forgot that I planned to meet Max and Cleo there. Before I could react to the realization, I heard their voices. Damien's too. I groaned silently and kept myself occupied with my mobile.

I had to turn and look at them when they came into view though; forcing a smile. I've avoided Damien's gaze but smiled at the girl who was standing right next to him. I haven't memorized her name but she was actually nice. Of course she was; this was Damien am talking about.

I could feel Damien's eyes on me every now and then but I suppressed the urge to return the gaze. Luckily, Alex called me after a very long hour and I had to leave the coffee shop.

It took me ten minutes to start the engine and head at the mansion. I was too hurt. I hurried to Alex just to make the feeling go away. It's about a month after Alex and I got back together and I just begun relaxing. I was feeling too afraid he'll disappear on me again; I actually woke up hyperventilating one night and had to call him, wake him up just to be sure he was still home. I felt embarrassed with my behavior but I didn't bring this on myself.

[+++]

I removed my big hat and oversized glasses and followed Cleo into the water. It was so hot, that the minute we arrived at the beach we arranged our stuff and run at the sea. Damien and his girlfriend, that I can't recall her name, were behind us in Damien's car so they had to be here soon.

After playing volleyball in the water, we all stopped to relax. I was holding the beach ball under my chin; my body towards Max and Cleo who had their back to their brother and his girlfriend. Me on the other hand, had full view of her glued to him like a leech; her back to me unfortunately, and I could see Damien's face very clearly.

I caught him staring at me at one point and I stared back, almost glaring. Our eyes were locked until Max stepped in front of me and took the ball from underneath my chin. I turned my attention elsewhere and tried to forget Damien was there.

We left the beach about four hours later and I had Max dropping me off at the mansion because I promised Alex I would go and see him.

Morris informed me that I would find Alex in his room and I walked slowly at the second floor to meet him. I entered the room but didn't find him in, so I called out his name. His voice reached my ears from the big bathroom.

He informed me he was taking a shower so I left my bag on the floor and walked in. I had a full view of his well build body; my eyes running down from his blond hair to his wide shoulders and his tattoo on his spine.

"Hello," I smiled and removed my clothes, staying just in my bikini.

"You're wearing too much," he smirked; turning around to face me. I smirked and removed the top of my bikini. He tilted his head to the side as I bend forward and removed the bottom half.

"Hello," he said as I joined him in the big shower. I put my hand on his neck and pulled him into a deep kiss; my tongue running on his lips and tongue.