Chapter 27 - I wished, I wished you could have stayed

Title Credit: One Last Goodbye by Anathema

+++  

I put my palm against my chest and frowned lightly. The pain wasn't strong, but it was there. My parents had arrived at the hospital soon after I'd called them. Alex told them everything he knew, as I overheard while they were talking outside the room.

Apparently I needed to stay in the hospital so they could monitor me; make sure that this wouldn't end up with me having a heart attack or at least until my new doctor came back from her vacation. She was going to have the last call on when I would be going home.

A knock on the door made my parents and me turn towards the door. I managed to send Alex home to get some sleep just two hours ago so I didn't expect anyone else.

I didn't want to call Max because I felt embarrassed therefore I didn't expect him to show up at the hospital.

I couldn't see who it was but I saw my mom smiling and getting up from her seat. That's when Max and Cleo came into view. I sighed and leaned back against my pillow. I would have to explain why all these was happening.

"We're going to the cafeteria. Want me to bring you something?" my mom asked and pulled my oblivious looking dad from his hand.

"A juice," I smiled "And a cake," I said with a smug smile "Can I eat cake?" I frowned suddenly.

"I'll ask," she smiled and left. The twins smiled at my parents as they walked past them.

"So?" Max looked at me and sat down at the foot of the bed. Cleo didn't move.

"What?" I asked, frowning; avoiding the subject.

"What's going on? My mom didn't say much," he explained.

"Well, I had chest pains and they thought it would be better for me to stay in," I smiled uneasily. Max blinked and tried to speak again but failed.

"Why?" Cleo spoke for the first time; her voice kind of startled me. I haven't talked to her for so long and I missed her so bad. I stared at my hands, my sight blurring, and the machine started to pace up. I noticed the twins turning towards it.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I mumbled "Not yet at least."

"When are you checking out?" Max asked another question.

"When my doctor comes back from her vacation," I replied "Tomorrow I think," I winced and Max frowned "Yeah, I know bad timing," I chuckled. Cleo looked more relaxed after my small joke and a small smile formed on her lips.

"I got you these," she said and opened her bag, taking out three magazines. She moved closer and gave them to me.

"Music too huh?" I grinned as I saw my favorite music magazine among the fashion magazines she preferred.

"Well, it's not the time to be a bully," she chuckled. I noticed Max gazing at the magazines, as if looking for something and then winced when it didn't found it. I guess he was looking either for a car, a football player or a semi-naked woman. I smiled lightly and turned towards Cleo again.

"So," I took a deep breath after a moment of silence "Tell me about the project," I smiled at Cleo "What is it about?"

"Um," she breathed "Need to have a portfolio of ten summer outfits and sew one of them," she explained.

"Random summer outfits?" I asked while she sat down on the chair where my mom was seating earlier.

"Sort of, I need to show a work outfit, a party outfit, a brunch blah blah, you get the picture," she chuckled lightly.