Chapter 38

Dylan's POV

I would have to say that it worked perfectly that Scarlett had to go into work tomorrow,"Hey, um."

"Um what?" I asked Dess.

"Do you think we should invite Andy to the party?" She asked slightly unsure.

"Why not, I mean I'm pretty sure they are new friends or class mates, he seemed pretty nice." I honestly don't like the guy, I've never heard of him until now... So I guess you could say I'm a little jealous. But for Scarlett's sake, if it makes her happy to have him there then I will invite him.

"Good, because I might have already invited him," she said. I can tell when Destinie likes a guy and I'm pretty sure she like him. So I let it go.

"Alright," I drove up her driveway and we said our goodbyes before she got out the car. I stayed there for a little bit making sure she got inside and headed to my house. Once I got home I went straight to bed. Today was a long day. I got chewed out by the principal after Scarlett stormed off. I didn't know she stormed off and I had no clue how she got home, I'm guessing Adam, was his name? Any way, I just got so stressed out, but when I got her house with Dess I didn't want to ask her about it. But the thing I've been worried about most is how I'm going to ask Taryn and Kayla to the party.

I woke up to my mom's cooking, wafts of bacon, pancakes, fresh OJ and eggs. Today is gonna be a long day. I look at the time and it is 9:00. Why I woke up at nine on a Saturday morning I will never know. Maybe it's because my subconscious knows I have a lot to do. I rip off the covers and head down stairs. I saw Scarlett sitting at the counter with and empty place and a half full coffee mug.

"Hey Babe, whatcha doin here?" she looked at me funny and then it hit me on how it sounded,"Oh, I meant like, I didn't expect you here. I'm actually happy that your here, but you know I didn't mean for it to come out that way-"

"Dyl, it's fine." she sent a smile at me and strides towards me. she wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a peck,"Just so you know I came by today to say hi before I headed off to work and your mom offered me some breakfast."

"Oh. Okay then. Now that I'm done sounding stupid, why don't we go and sit down." I offered.

"Actually, I have to go, I was gonna finish my coffee then head out..." She drawled out.

"It's fine, you need this job anyway," I kissed her on her forehead and she beamed a wide grin at me.

"Thank you for understanding Dyl!" She pecked me on the lips and held back the urge to skip back to her cup of coffee. She chugged it down and said goodbye before she walked out the front door.

"She has no clue that you are throwing the surprise party for her sweetheart. But she told me she suspected you of cheating," my mother said breaking the silence. I swallowed the last bit of food on my plate and looked at her.

"She told me that at lunch a day or two ago. I guess it's the fact that I've been a little too suspicious," I explained. I chugged down the last of my OJ and went up to my room after me and my mom talk a little about the plans we had. I wiggled into some jeans and put on a half sleeve v-neck navy blue shirt. Today I'm going to figure out a way to invite Taryn and Kayla to the party.

As I was shaving, it hit me. I remember Scarlett telling me that Katie and Taryn are friends. I gather my phone, wallet and keys before I put on my vans and head out. I jump in Roscoe and head to the dance studio.

I walked inside and Monica spotted me. She smiled and greeted me while I greeted back,"How are you Dylan? Is the party still in for tomorrow?"

"Definitely, do you have either Kayla's or Taryn's number? It's kind of hard to invite them to a surprise party when Scarlett is with them. Haha" I laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck.