14. mine

A/N

Congrats! You finished reading the first part of this book, where it mostly talks about you and Ari's first days of your relationship! From now on, each chapter starts with moments from your conversations that weren't written in past chapters. These excerpts will be written in italic. Now, enjoy!

--

As I kissed her on the balcony, I wanted to tell her that she looked happier than the morning I woke up with her in my arms. I just didn't tell her because I didn't want to ruin the moment. Still. Is she really that happy to see me again? I hope so, because I'm really sure with myself that I missed her, holding her and kissing her was a relief from the sadness. It was well worth it. I love you.

. . .

We walked downstairs hand in hand after we grabbed everything we needed. She wore her black backpack while I just have my phone, my car keys and my house keys, and my wallet. After we went outside, she lets go of my hand to lock the door. After she locked it I immediately held her hand again. I opened the car door for her while I waited for her to settle in her seat. I got inside and I immediately turned the engines on. We refreshed out minds on where we were heading to and the directions. Once we were ready, I started driving out of our neighborhood.

The music accompanied us while we talked about random things and topics in the car.

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate and I heard my notification sound.

"I'll check it for you, you're driving anyways."

"Sure, thanks." I slowed down and passed her my phone while I sped up again.

"What's the password?"

"May 18, 2018. Two spaces, May is capitalized and there's a period."

A silence fell between us until she reads the message.

"It seems like Mr. Handsome has a radio gig. They want you to talk about the success of I met you when I was 18."

"No way, when?" I looked at her, smiling slightly while we stopped at a red light.

"This week. You pick the date on which day since you're the guest, what should I type?"

"Uhm... Just say that I'll think about it later, I have something important to do but in a non cocky way."

She finishes typing and gives the phone back to me right before the light turned green.

"What does May 18 mean?"

"I met you on May 18, and I'll probably make 18 my lucky number since I found you."

A/N

I DIDN'T MEAN IT TO BE LIKE THIS IT WAS JUST WEIRD BECAUSE THEY MET ON MAY 18.

"Pfft. 'Found' my ass, we were matched by our matchmaking friend Sara, we didn't find eachother."

"I'm gonna sound poetic and cheesy okay, but I always found myself always coming back to you because I love you and you better take those three words seriously because I do."

"I love you too."

We spent the rest of the ride silently as we danced in the car to some songs. We eventually got to the pizza place just in time before we were late. As soon as I got out of the car and as she found her way of getting out, I locked the car and I held her hand once again, we intertwined them together for them to be inseparable.

As we got inside, we were greeted by the scent of freshly baked dough as Sara waved to us across the place and into the back area beside the air conditioning. It was a good spot since it was really cold. I could feel Y/N get cold as well so I placed her hand in my pocket. She blushed slightly and looked down while we were walking towards Sara and James.

Sara hums a song from weddings and says enthusiastically, "Welcome the bride and the groom!" She kept her voice down so as to not disturb any other pizza lover other than us.

"Ahah, Sara it's too early. Right Ari?" She looks up at me with her eyes shining as we laugh.

"I don't know Y/N, maybe it is the right time." I jokingly told her as I removed my hand from hers and snake my arm towards her waist and pull her closer.

"Hey!" We all laughed together as we sat down.

I felt sort of anxious and awkward at first, I felt everybody's eyes staring right through me. But Y/N quickly changed the atmosphere.

The only problem with me is that I want to control when and how people will find out about my relationship with Y/N and not just let someone out me.

Even though it feels like everyone's eyes are seeping through me.