6. show me what love is

Your POV

After a few hours of us just talking and having fun, I decided to go to the kitchen and make us some dinner. I was even surprised that he even keeps food inside his fridge when this is just his studio. Convenient, I guess. The closer you are to food is better.

Afterawhile of cooking everything, I grabbed some plates and some spoon and forks for the both of us.

"Ari! Let's eat!" I shout in the direction of where he is while I cleaned some of the mess I made while cooking.

We started eating our food and then Ari finally stops doing small talk and asks me about something I'm really, really nervous about.

"Y/N, I really like you. A lot. More than I thought I would."

"Thanks Ari, but please stop with the compliments or else you'll see a human tomato."

"I... This is gonna sound stupid but..."

"What?"

"... Nevermind."

"It's alright, you can tell me."

"I... I don't want us to be private about our relationship anymore. I like you a lot... I was just wondering if you wanted to be 'officially' my girlfriend, not be silent about us." He chuckles while doing some air quotes with his hands on the word 'officially' to not make the whole conversation so tense.

"Of course I do, I just want to be with you so I really don't care what else I have to do."

"That was really cheesy, sorry." I chuckled at what I said, it really sounded like a cliché in romantic films.

"I like cheesy."

"Food or Romance-wise?"

"I like you."

"I like you too." God! I feel like a 9 year old saying that!

"Netflix. My place. Let's go after we eat."

"So you considered having me in your humble abode of blankets?"

"Yeah. I can't wait to literally have you suffer in my arms for 3 hours straight."

"3 hours straight? What kind of movie has 3 hours of run time?"

"Who said it was only gonna be one movie?"

"Mhm... Nice..."

Ari's POV

Somehow it didn't feel right to ask her to officially be public about our relationship. It felt like something was still weighing on my chest.

I decided to fix up the studio and unplug everything so that I could think about things, while Y/N was cleaning the dishes and cleaned the kitchen.

It really felt like I still have a burden laying on me, and I remember it being my ex. Whenever I'm with Y/N there's still a burden in me, and I don't ever want to hurt Y/N. She's the person that I can't afford leaving. She's so unique, and she feels like she's getting near to be my everything.

But some burdens are hard to lift off.

But every single burden can be lifted.

If Y/N shows me how much love is worth to her, then I...

I'll love her.

I replaced the worried look on my face with a relieved smile, knowing that my feelings could change.

I can't believe there's someone new to make me happy who was just waiting to be discovered.

Thank you, Y/N.

Seriously, every question we ask each other the more I get to know her and fall for her harder... and every kiss I give to her makes me even more crazy. What can I say? I'm obsessed.

After I fixed every single cord and turned off everything in the room, I went back to check on Y/N. Weirdly, I can't see her anywhere.

"Nice joke Y/N you can stop fooling around now. Long jokes aren't funny."

No response, the only thing I heard was a twig that sounded like it got stepped on outside.

"Y/N?" I say with curiosity, I started to wander around the kitchen area hopefully to see a little sliver of Y/N.

"Boo!"

Suddenly, she scares me from behind as I was just about to say something, I almost tripped and fell on the kitchen floor as she laughed at me.

"Ahahah! You looked so shook, Jesus, oh my God!" She said while she kept laughing while I had a circle shape on my lips while I blew air out to relieve myself.

"Not cool Y/N!" I said while I hugged her from behind and wrapped my arms on her waist and eventually, she held my hands with her warm touch. We kept laughing as I faced towards her. I cleared her forehead from her slight drooping bangs and kissed her forehead easily since I was taller than her. She was hugging me while I wrapped her whole in my arms.

"Let's go, movies to watch, remember?" She says as she let's go of me, but I quickly held her hand again.

"Yeah, You're good to go?"

"Of course, I was just waiting for you, you took awhile." Gah, if she saw me she would have been freaked out at me having a weird expression on my face while LITERALLY crouching down and having an existential crisis.

After we said goodbye to the studio, we drove back to my place as we talked about things that left us questioning our lives and basically having quotes.

We went inside my place and I told her to wait for me downstairs while I grabbed some hoodies and goodies for the both of us. On the way back downstairs I saw the bracelet that my ex gave me.

You know...

This might be a douchebag move but, I needed to do this to move on.

I grabbed the bracelet and threw it in the trash.

My new year's resolution was success and a great future, and I know this is the start of it.

"This better be worth it cause I like you alot Y/N."

A/N

A/N

Thanks for reading this chapter omoooo. If you're reading this, comment anything because I doubt people even read this oof but still, I love you guys so much, and may Ari bless you with his magical voice! Make sure to listen to BRACELET AND PARANOIA. 8:30 PM PST on Thursday is the schedule of the livestream of Ari on his YT, come watch with us!