Breathe

PEYTON'S POV:

He stares at me. "Peyton," he whispers. "You came here."

"I had to," I reply. "I had to, I just had to. There's something you should know about Brianna."

"Brianna?" he asks.

"You know her as Tia."

"Tia? What about her? What do you know about her?"

But before I can speak, two security guards take my arms.

"Come on, miss, you can't stay for that long, Mr Hayes is very busy."

"No, you don't understand, I have to talk to him!" I shriek. "This is important! I have to talk to him, I have to!"

"You all need to talk to him, we've heard it all before," says one of the guards. "You Hayniacs are all as desperate as each other to get married to him."

"I'm engaged!" I yell.

"Of course you are, sweetheart," says the other one, and I keep fighting. Then, Hunter speaks.

"She stays."

The guards stop pulling me. "But sir..."

"I've told you not to call me sir. And I said she stays," says Hunter, sounding firm about it.

The guards hesitantly let me go, and Hunter stares at me, wondering. "How did you come here?"

"By my own car. I figured I might have to stay a while."

"We can't stay at the venue," he says. "Come with me, and follow my car. We'll go back to my place, and you can explain."

I nod, and we both go out, backstage.

<><><><><><><><>

"So this is your house?" I ask, looking around the cottage. "It's pretty."

Hunter snorts. "Just what I've always wanted to hear. 'Your house is pretty'." He's a little quiet. "Tee helped me renovate the whole thing. We got it done by Christmas."

"I didn't know guys wore engagement rings," I say, wondering if Trey had even thought of it.

"Not usually," he replies. "But I decided that since we're gonna be apart for who knows how long, I wanted to keep her close to my heart. It's not unusual, but not many guys do it." *A/N: And now you know, @Mad_MoMo_Stories*

I sit down on an armchair and look around. The place is beautiful, old and vintage, but still somehow modern. Hunter walks into the kitchen, which is just like a breakfast bar at the front of the room. "Coffee?" he asks.

"Yes, please," I say, too nervous to be starstruck.

"How do you like yours?"

"However you like yours, I'm not fussy," I reply.

He smiles a little. "Tia likes hers with two sugars and cream. I'll make it like that for you too."

I look down, Coincidentally, that's how I like my coffee too. Sisters are alike, I guess, even if they've been separated as long as Bri and I have.

He brings me the coffee in a blue mug and sits down with his own mug. I take a sip and lean back in the chair. I look around at the pictures on the walls. All of them are of Hunter and Bri, standing together, some are at a photobooth, and others are at all sorts of different places. She has the same purple eyes that she used to. And her hair looks just like Papa's. Hunter clears his throat, and I look back at him.

"Who are you?"

"Peyton Williams."

"I mean who are you, to T- um, Brianna?"