Snowmen

TIA'S POV:

It's our last day together, I'm leaving for the airport tomorrow night. Hunter doesn't want me to leave, and I don't want to go.

But it's the only way.

"I love you," he murmurs, pulling away enough to let him talk.

"I know, Hunt. I love you too."

He closes his eyes, and leans in again.

In that moment, where it was just me and him, together, alone, nothing was wrong. Everything was perfect. Everything was exactly how I wanted it to be.

And then it happened again.

"LIKE IT'S MIDNIGHT IN-"

"Shut up," I groan. "I'm trying to kiss my fiancé, and you aren't helping."

"Telling a cell to shut up. The first sign of madness." Hunter goes to answer the phone, but I stop him.

"Leave it. Probably the police demanding me to leave again."

He hesitates, but then presses 'ignore' on the call, and leans in to kiss me again.

I don't know how long we kiss for. A couple of minutes. A few hours. However long it was though, it wasn't long enough.

Hunter pulls away from me, ending the kiss. I sigh. "Hey Tee, didn't you say you've never seen snow before?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"Grab a waterproof jacket and waterproof pants. Also something that'll keep you warm. We'll go to the mountains, we'll spend a day in a lodge, and we'll come back tomorrow."

"Hunter, I don't have any of that stuff."

He grins at me. "Then we're going shopping."

<><><><><><><><>

After hours of shopping, we start the long drive to....

"Hunt, where are we going?"

"The Cumberland Plateau. It's a couple of hours away from here, but so worth it."

"Alright then."

When we get there, Hunter and I get ready in the car, and we climb out, completely decked out in snow gear. Hunter hires a sled, and we were ready to go.

"So this is what snow looks like?" I ask, picking up a handful of the white stuff and rubbing it between my gloved fingers. "Isn't it supposed to fall in flakes and all that?"

Hunter laughs. "This is what real snow looks like, all right."

"It looks like... well... ice."

Hunter starts laughing really hard, and I do too. "That might be because snow is ice."

"You're a genius, you are," I laugh.

We do everything, from skiing to tobogganing, and we start to build a snowman. "This guy's cute," I say, with a smile as I add stones for eyes. I make sure to find bluish stones, the colour of Hunter's eyes, and manage to find some old, yellowed pine needles for hair. "Adorable, don't you think?"

"What's it meant to be?" asks Hunter cluelessly.

I stare at him. "You, you idiot."

A look of realisation dawns on his face. "Oh..."

I laugh, throwing an amateur snowball at him. "I wonder about you sometimes."

"Well, it's my turn."