Chapter Twenty-Point-Five (SF)

CHAPTER 20:

"Hunter, may I speak with you for a minute?" says Dr Rosa.

"Sure," I say. Before I leave, I give Tia a kiss on the forehead, and she smiles.

When Dr Rosa walks outside with me, she turns around to face me. "Hunter, right now, she needs her memory back."

"You're telling me."

"The best thing for her right now would be to go home. Spend time with the kids, and her family and friends. There's a chance her memory could come back. It's small, but it's there." Dr Rosa's light grey eyes gleam with intelligence.

I nod. "So I take her back home tonight?"

"It's the best thing for her," she repeats. "She needs whatever might trigger her memory."

I smile. "I'm cool with that."

*THREE DAYS LATER*

TIA'S POV:

"Tee?"

I grumble, rolling away.

"Tee, c'mon, wake up."

"No."

"We have to take the kids to school, then we have to try jogging your memory again, Tee, come on."

I just sigh, before rolling out of bed. Hunter smiles at me, and I try not to notice that he's shirtless. My oh my, is that a sight to behold. I realise that he's asked me a question, and I haven't responded yet.

"Um... uh, gah," I get out, and he looks a little confused.

"Uh... okay."

"You look really good when you're not wearing a shirt," I blurt out, then cover my mouth with my hands. He gives me that crooked smile that automatically makes me swoon.

"Oh?" he says, intentionally scratching the back of his neck to make his arm muscles flex. I find myself tongue-tied, and he grins, coming closer and putting his hands on my hips. "Do I now?"

"Uh... yep," I squeak, and he chuckles, knowing the effect he was having on me. He nuzzles his nose against mine and comes even closer, leaving just centimetres between our lips. Suddenly, I feel a little uncomfortable and clear my throat, moving away.

"Um, we need to get ready for today," I mutter, and he sighs, pulling on a fitted shirt.

"You should get dressed," he says. "I'll make the kids some breakfast."

"Okay," I say. "Hunter, I-"

He walks out of the room before I finish, and I sigh, wishing I could remember.

It's been three days since I was released from hospital, and we're no closer to getting me back to my original state of mind than we were then. I can feel Hunter's frustration, and his pure, unadulterated sadness, but I don't remember.

I walk into our bathroom and stare at myself in the huge mirror. My hair is longer now, shoulder length. That's strange for me. I don't remember an in-between with my hair. It was either up to my waist or it was up to my chin. I examine the tattoo on my wrist; a tiny yin-yang. I suppose it's to represent the opposite, but the same- representing the twins, maybe? I wish I knew. I examine the smile crinkles around my eyes... smile crinkles. I smiled a lot? That's incredible. Smiling out of happiness. So Hunter made me happy? He must have. If I allowed him to kiss me, and we have children, then we definitely made each other happy. I lift my shirt slightly and examine the scars on my left hip. They weren't there before. All the rest of my scars and bruises have faded. But that one scar is ugly, and I feel like it's tied to Hunter somehow.