Thanks To Anna (AdDallas One-Shot by @hanna19134)

ADDY’S POV

It was Dallas and I’s first month into being married, and we were loving every second of it. We had managed to have the ceremony at the Ryman and the reception at the Opry, just like Chase and Pippa did. And don’t ask how that happened because even I don’t know how exactly we were able to do that.

Anyway, we had our honeymoon in Paris, just like mom and dad did. The honeymoon even helped us with our careers. Mine with my fashion designing and Dallas with his architecture.

When we got back home after a week of Paris, and spent three weeks working from home, as per usual. Dallas was able to take up a job where he could work from home and send his blueprints to the company, connecting with his bosses via email, and the only time he’d have to show up to work was for important meetings.

As for me, I was also able to work from home. I’m currently working with my fashions independently. I’ve made a lot of things for mom and dad to wear at award shows, along with other big-name country musicians. I haven’t got any job offers from any fashion companies, so why not start on my own? I’ve even been offered to show some of my works at the Celebrity Dinner Series, Fighting Leukemia with Fashion, and New York Fashion Show Week events next year.

Dallas had one week before he had to go to a big meeting in Seattle, so he and I went on a trip back home. Not only to see family, but to visit some people, as well.

But when we were driving down to mom and dad’s house, I didn’t expect Dallas to pull in to Spring Hill Cemetery.

The grave looked as familiar as it did that many years ago. The bench a couple feet in front of it, her tombstone engraved with her name, dates she lived, and commentary about her, the picture of her that I took when we were having a party at my house in celebration of dad’s new album, the dead flowers mixed with the live ones, all of their petals mixed together on the ground.

We approached the grave, sitting on the bench in front of it, with me reminiscing on the memories of Anna. Then her death. Then my depression spiraling out of control for the weeks after. And then meeting Dallas just when I thought I was going to end my life.

If I’d have died that day, I would’ve never met this amazing man that I get to call mine.

Heck, if Anna hadn’t have passed, then he probably wouldn’t have come into my life… at least, the way he has now.

“So why are we here exactly,” I asked.

“I just thought you’d wanna visit your best friend,” he replied, “give her an update on life these past few years.”

So that’s exactly what I did. I told her about how I’ve taken good care of her designs, and that Dallas has even had his heart set on getting a few of them built and giving her the credit in everything. I told her about almost ending everything with a stupid razor blade, but then Chase rescuing me on last minute notice. I told her about meeting Dallas the very next day, and how he’s turned out to be the love of my life. I told her about Ashley and Donovan finding us again, almost killing dad, mom sacrificing herself to Donovan so he wouldn’t rape me, Chase killing Ashley with a Taser, how mom had a severe case of PTSD from it all. And everything else leading up to today, who married who, etc.

Dallas visits with Anna a bit, too. Introducing himself and telling her a little about him, how much he loves me, apologizing for not being able to protect me against Ashely and Donovan this last time, and promising her a million things involving me.

When we got back in the car to finally head to mom and dad’s house, I begin to think back. Anna is the connection in all of this. If I wouldn’t have met her, then I wouldn’t have spiraled into the state of depression I fell into when she died, I wouldn’t have almost killed myself, Dallas and I wouldn’t have met, we wouldn’t have gone out, and we wouldn’t have gotten married and eventually start a family.

It’s all thanks to Anna.

“Thank you, Anna,” I whisper.

“What was that,” Dallas asked.

“Oh, nothing,” I chimed.

“Mhm,” he replied with a smirk on his face.

“Mhm,” I replied back smiling.

*A/N: Adorable :3

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!!!!!!

Nethii <3*