The Alternate Ending

*A/N: Now, a few things to go over before we begin.

This is the original ending that I had in mind, when I first decided the children Hunter and Tia would have. In this version, Anna didn't exist. Dallas was still Dallas, but he was James' friend; Zach, if you will.

Go back. Back to when Hunter, Tia, Addy and Chase are abducted by Ashley and Donovan. This ending starts at the beginning of Ch. 51 in SF. This time though, Hunter doesn't get stabbed. This is basically the whole end, so it'll be the length of about two chapters.

Read on.

And please don't hurt me.*

TIA'S POV:

"Hunter!" I scream desperately, hoping that Ashley will spare him.

She lowers the knife, before coming towards me and cutting my old bullet wound- not stabbing me, but I scream in pain all the same.

"Old wounds don't heal, Tia," she says. "You were lucky this time." She leaves the room, and the men holding us let us go and follow her. I fall to the floor with a groan.

"I'll be back in a minute, babe," whispers Donovan in my ear. I shudder, and he walks out.

Hunter immediately runs to me, hugging me. "Are you okay?!" he asks desperately, grabbing my left arm.

"I'm fine, are you okay?" I ask, checking to make sure he hasn't been hurt in any way.

"Mom, oh my gosh!" says Addy. "You can't go, Mom, you can't!"

"I have to," I whisper. "Addy, I can't let you get hurt."

"I don't care, I'm going."

"Neither of you two are going if Dad and I can help it," says Chase.

"Agreed," says Hunter. "We have to get out of here."

Addy stares. "And the observer of the year award goes to Hunter Hayes!" she says sarcastically.

"Addy, be quiet, your dad's right," I say. Then I think. "Maybe, when Donovan comes back, I could distract him-"

"Not gonna happen," says Chase.

"It's the only way!"

"No it isn't," replies Hunter.

"Dad and Chase are right," says Addy.

We hear footsteps, and Hunter whispers, "Get in front of Mom!" They form a shield around me.

Donovan opens the door. "Hello, sweetheart," he leers. "Ready?"

"I'm not coming, Donovan," I say as bravely as I can.

"Bullshit you aren't," he snarls. "Get up."

"No."

He growls, and I cower a little. "I said to get up!"

"I said no."

He shoves Addy, Chase and Hunter out of the way and pulls me up by my hair. I scream.

"What did I say?!" he yells, and Hunter tries to help me. Donovan punches him in the gut with the other hand, and he falls with a groan of agony.

"You said to get up, and I said no," I whisper.

"Don't you dare give me sass, you little bitch," he whispers in my face, and I try not to retch at the smell of stale cigarettes and grease that came off his body.

"Let her go!" yells Chase furiously, and Donovan just pushes me against a wall and holds me there.

"Why don't you just make me?" he whispers, and I hit him, trying to get away from him.