Chapter Twenty-Two-Point-Five (SF)

*A/N: This chapter will be insanely long. Just sayin'. If you're reading this in a hurry, don't bother. Seriously, you won't have time. Enjoy!*

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:

The whole evening was a bit of a blur, mostly since I was crying through the whole thing. One part of it did stand out to me, though.

Loretta, who probably came to enjoy dinner with a new man, sat and watched us furiously, definitely noticing the way Hunter's hand rested on my waist. Her poor date was totally ignored. When Hunter pressed a quick kiss to my cheek, she went bright red and left without even saying goodbye.

So, of course, when she glared at me from outside, I did the lady-like thing, after making sure no one was watching.

I put up my middle finger and mouthed "Adios, barnacle-brain."

*JULY, 2020*

HUNTER'S POV:

I can hear music playing inside the house when I walk in after a long day at the studio. I see Tia waltzing around while using a feather duster on everything, singing along to the song I recognise easily.

"It's late in the evening,

Glass on the side,

I've been sat with you,

For most of the night,

Ignoring everybody here, we wish they would disappear,

So maybe we could get down now,

I don't wanna know,

If we're getting ahead of the program, I want you to be mine, lady,

And to hold your body close,

Take another step into the no-mans land,

Before the longest time, lady," she sings.

"I need you, darling, c'mon, set the tone," I sing. "If you feel you're falling, won't you let me know,

Oh-Oh-Oh-Ooh-Oh, Oh-Oh-Oh-Ooh-Oh,

If you love me, c'mon, get involved,

Feel it rushing through you from your head to toe,

Oh-Oh-Oh-Ooh-Oh, Oh-Oh-Oh-Ooh-Oh..."

I start harmonising with her, and the two of us start laughing. I walk up and kiss her gently.

"Good evening, fair lady."

"Good evening, good sir," she murmurs.

"How was your day?"

"Average. The kids had their first excursion to the zoo today, they're exhausted. Didn't even complain when I told them to go to bed at seven. Oh, and Addy lost a tooth, so tooth fairy time."

I check the time now. 10:37 pm. "So what did you do?"

She smiles. "Planned the sophomore album."

"Amazing fun, isn't it?"

"Totally," she says. "C'mon, dinner's in the kitchen."

"Alright," I say, walking in and seeing gumbo in a huge pot. "Yes! Thanks, Tee, I was starving."

She laughs. "Dig in, love. I'm gonna wash my han-"

There's a knock on the door, and she frowns. "Who would be here now?"

I shrug and keep eating. She rolls her eyes and goes to open the door.

"Are you Tiana Hayes?" asks a man at the door, and I look up, confused. Tia sounds a little concerned.