one

trinity west

i stand in the corner of the room, talking and laughing with a couple of friends from school. david is explaining all the sex positions to amanda, who is incredibly innocent.

i roll my eyes as she stares at him with wide eyes. i let my eyes wander around the room and they fall on sierra, who is getting too touchy with some random kid. i sigh and excuse myself before pushing through the crowded living room.

i reach sierra and i grab her hand, pulling her away from the unfamiliar boy. "sorry kid, she's off limits." i say, before planting my lips on top of sierra's. "shit, sorry trinity, i had no idea." the boy says and i smirk as i pull away.

i keep my eyes focused on him as he gets lost in the crowd of sweaty people. the smirk falls off my face and i grip sierra's wrist tighter and pull her outside with me. "what the hell? he was cute." she slurs and i sigh.

"you're drunk. we're going home." i demand and she reluctantly pulls away from me. "i want to stay here. you can go, i'll be fine." she hiccups and i shake my head, not giving in to her this time.

"sorry, maybe next time we can stay. let's go." i shrug and turn around, knowing sierra would eventually give up and follow me to the car. i unlock the car and hear sierra groan as she tries to open the passenger door.

i open the door for her and help her get buckled. "thanks bro, i really appreciate everything you do for me. you're the best person ever." she laughs and i giggle, shutting the door once i helped her.

i get in the driver seat and stick the key in the ignition, starting up my black jeep. i turn up the music to block out all the thoughts that were suddenly running through my head. "you're trinity right? cause that would be bad if you weren't."

i glance at sierra to see her already looking at me and i nod, putting my eyes back on the road. "good," she pauses, "because my mom always told me not to go home with strangers." i shake my head playfully, "i'm no stranger, trust me."

"okay, whatever you say sister." i hear her suddenly burst out laughing and i look over at her. she's covering her mouth and tears are coming out of her eyes.

"what's so funny now?" i ask and she uncovers her mouth, loud laughs escaping her bright pink lips. "i'm james charles, let's go get ourselves a pinkity drinkity." she wipes at her eyes, that were brimmed with tears.

"why are you my bestfriend?" i ask myself and she shrugs, "you made that decision yourself trinity west."
-
i hand sierra her drink and she lazily takes it from me. "thank you." she replies with a yawn and i nod my head, setting my drink in the cup holder sitting between me and sierra.

i pull back out onto the streets and drive towards my house, knowing if i took sierra home like this her parents would most likely never let her talk to me again.

i stop at the red light, waiting for it to turn green so we could turn into my neighbourhood. the light turns a bright shade of green and i step on the gas pedal, causing sierra to say "wee!"

i park on the curb, since both my parents leave early for work and we most likely wouldn't be able to move the car. i take out the keys and grab my drink, getting out of the car in a hurry, seeing sierra trying to climb out of the jeep.