CHAPTER 22 IS IT OVER

CARTERS P.O.V

"thanks mom dinner was great." i said getting up and taking mine and lukes plates into the kitchen.

"thank you Tracey the steak was amazing, you had a right to brag to carter on the phone earlier!" i shot a look to my mom who was staring confused to luke. shit this was it. cover was blown. he was going to find out.  my mom had thought i had spoke to him already.

"sorry luke you must be wrong i hadn't spoken to carter until you guys got here" she replied confused then caught on to what my hand gesture across my neck meant. shit.

"oh okay" i herd luke say as i turned around and continued cleaning the dishes.

"so are you excited for tour luke, I'm sure it will be great!" my mom made small conversation with luke as we all sat in the living room.

"im so excited i feel like a kid on Christmas. and the best part of it all is that carter is coming with me, oh and thanks again for letting her come. we are going to have so much fun" he pulled me closer to him kissing my head. my mom gave me a ' you need to tell him look' and i just sighed. i took out my phone and pretended to look at the time giving us an excuse to leave.

" thank mom dinner was great i will see you soon for coffee okay." we said our goodbyes and left. the car journey was silent. i could tell he knew i had lied to him and he wasn't happy. we got home and i went up to the bedroom. i herd luke coming upstairs and i pretended to be asleep when i herd. 

" are you cheating on me?" i shot up shocked at what he had just said.

" no no no, god no why do you think that." i said rushed

" you told me you were on the phone to your mom for 20 minutes, if it wasn't your mom who was it?" he was starting to look mad and hurt. i hated seeing him look like this. i had to tell him. 

"listen luke. i need you to know how much i love you okay. this hurts me just as much as it will hurt you." i started to tear up  and my words were hard to say.

"wait before you say anything i need you to here this." he ran over and grabbed his guitar. he started to strum and unfamiliar song, till i realized it was the one i herd him humming that one day.

Within a minute I was all packed up

I've got a ticket to another world

I don't wanna go

I don't wanna go

The silent words are hard to speak

When your thoughts are all I see

"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky.                                                                                To the beat of our hearts at the same time.                                                                                                  so close but so far away.

She sleeps alone.

My heart wants to come home.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.

I'm trying to find the words to say.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.