Epilogue

I never thought that this was going to happen to me. Me, a bride! I swirl around in the beautiful white dress before my mirror. 'Su!' Lucy warns me. 'Stay still!' I do what she asks and let her finish my hair. It is braided and twisted in a updo. Also a veil is secured with a beautiful golden pin in my hair 'And as a finishing touch' Lucy grins and puts my crown on my head. 'Oh Susan! You are beautiful!' Lucy says with a teary voice. I turn around and pull my little sister into a hug. 'Thank you!' I kiss her head.

We stand like this for a while and I have to say, it calms my nerves a little. I jump a little when someone knocks on my door. 'Su?' Peter. 'Are you ready?'

'I am!' I shout back not trying to hide my trembling voice. Peter opens the door and I see his eyes flicker. 'Mom and dad had been so proud' He says. 'On all of us' Lucy adds. Peter wipes his tears away and hold out his arm. 'Come on sis, your groom is waiting' He grins proudly. I take his arm and we walk outside the door, Lucy follows, holding my veil.

'Edmund is his best man and I am his second' Peter whispers when we walk down the stairs. 'Second?'

Peter laughs. 'Yes, it's a new thing'

I hear the trumpets playing and the big wooden doors leading to the throne room open. I see Aslan, Edmund, a grinning Eustace and Caspian!

I have to resist the urge to let Peter go and run to him. But Peters strong grip holds me in place. Walking to slow to the aisle.

When we finally arrive before Aslan, Peter kisses my forehead and right cheek. He squeezes into my left hand and gives me to Caspian. He nods in respect at Peter, Peter grins and pulls Caspian in a quick embrace. The crowd behind me laughs. I look behind me, Lucy sits next to Eustace, crying already. I smile at them, and Eustace holds his thumb up. Peter takes his place on the right next to Aslan and Caspian and I are standing with Ed behind Caspian on the left. 'My children' Aslan begins. 'Long have you fought for your love, but this is your reward' Caspian turns to me. 'Caspian, do you take Susan to be your wife and do you promise me that you shall take care and love her as long as you both you live?' Aslan asks him. 'Yes, I do' Caspian answers proudly and squeezes into my hand. 'Susan, do you take Caspian to be your husband and do you promise me that you shall take care and love him as long as you both you live?'

'I do'

'Now with my approval' Aslan declares and the crowd laughs again and I see Peter en Edmund grin. 'I declare you Husband and Wife! Caspian you may kiss your bride' And with that sentence, Caspian lifts my veil and smashes his lips against mine. He takes me into his arms and kisses my deeply. With a blush I pull back. We turn to the crowd and they burst into cheers. I feel a big smile creep unto my lips.

I am married!

At night, when the party is busy, Aslan appears on my side. 'I have to go'

'What!'

'I was here for you all Susan, for you to strengthen your faith. And I am so happy that you are back to me' I burry my head into his mane. 'I understand Father'

'The others already know, but I see you soon' And he is vanished. But Peter told me later that night, that we don't have to wait on him. He comes when he wants to. When the time is right. As a thief into the night, when you not expecting him.

And we didn't see him in a long time. But two years later when my first child was born, he was there. A grandson he said and I never felt more proud. Aslan came whenever we needed him, our when someone was marrying or had a child. He came with birthdays and later with funerals.

In the end we were together in Aslans country, forever young and forever his child.

Matthew 18:4 (ESV)

Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

The end.

Thank you all for reading this story and for the voting and commenting!

Until next time!

Ieatalotofbooks